NJA Uniform Change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fish,

Granted; my example was extreme, and thanks for setting me straight. I'm glad my perception of this was wrong.

Just out of curiousity, was this step of making the leather jacket more readily available (through uniform allowance vs. out-of-pocket) brought about by owner survey feedback regarding crew uniforms? If your owners are collectively yearning for a different uniform look...well..that changes things also.

I don't think so.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting this. I was shocked when I heard the news. It kind of came out of nowhere.

Fisch,
I have the answer. Since I started flying,I wanted a leather jacket. I left the Air Force before they got them (we wore those ugly nylon things). All through my airline career with 3 airlines, it was talked about but did not happen. Now at NJ, it happens after I'm furloughed and probably too old to come back. That's why now.
Helm

This is all a bunch of crap over a leather jacket. If you were real men (sorry ladies) you wouldn't waste one minute discussing this while everyone else is trying to find a job. How about talking about how you are going to better serve the customer/client and build the business?

BTW, you polo shirt guys, while you are dressing for yourselves (and figuring out how to play with your unit), have you ever worried about making a payroll? Never!....Do you ever think about the suckers (your customers) that pay your salary. Those guys don't want to see your butt in what you think is right. They want to see a professional.

Gret it sounds like you've never been in a small part 91 department.

This is all a bunch of crap over a leather jacket. If you were real men (sorry ladies) you wouldn't waste one minute discussing this while everyone else is trying to find a job. How about talking about how you are going to better serve the customer/client and build the business?

BTW, you polo shirt guys, while you are dressing for yourselves (and figuring out how to play with your unit), have you ever worried about making a payroll? Never!....Do you ever think about the suckers (your customers) that pay your salary. Those guys don't want to see your butt in what you think is right. They want to see a professional.

Pilots are not "professional" employees.

https://www.judicialview.com/Court-...ional-Employees/Must-Be-Paid-Overtime/22/9306

Why would NJA pilots do this?? That would involve not being self-centered and egotistical.. On a side note, this might be a good sign that things are turning around! Maybe the complaints about catering orders and watch sizes will begin to increase again in the hotel vans.

I guess this qualifies me as an official geezer, but the leather jacket won't be my choice.

When I flew open-cockpit airplanes at the beginning of my career, the leather jacket was appropriate. I still fly open-cockpit airplanes in my off time but I switched to a squall type jacket for this a long time ago. It is warmer, lighter, and packs much smaller.

I would feel like a bit of a poseur while wearing a leather flying jacket when operating a jet. Should I bring my helmet and googles to work too?

I have to qualify my remarks as a person whose fashion sense will never land him on the cover of GQ magazine. If it was up to me, I would wear bib overalls over a uniform shirt and tie at work. If wearing the jacket makes the two pilot groups that are currently in the middle of a shotgun wedding feel like they are all one unit, though, that would be a good thing.

I'll bet that you wear socks with sandals and black socks with running shoes.

Latest resources

Back