• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA Pilots and NetJets Aviation Reach Tentative Agreement!
““We are pleased to announce a Tentative Agreement was reached August 27 between NetJets Aviation and the NJA Pilots, who are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters through the Airline Division and Local 284. We are confident this is a good agreement for our pilots and for our Company. The participation of the National Mediation Board facilitated effective bargaining where everyone's interests could be voiced and discussed in a constructive, respectful environment,” said Bill Boisture at the conclusion of negotiations. “The agreement is complex and much more comprehensive than the previous agreement in its coverage of many issues important to our pilots. It contains significant productivity and operational changes designed to make NetJets’ competitive position stronger and more sustainable.”

The changes in the agreement fall in four major areas.

• Pilot salaries have been increased and a profit sharing program established.
  • Benefits important to our pilots and their families have been improved.
  • Certain provisions intended to improve the labor relations environment have been added.
  • Significant productivity and profitability enhancements such as the designation of Regional Collection Airports (RCA's) and a standard “7 on 7 off” schedule.
Our pilots will be provided extensive information by their union regarding the agreement. This begins almost immediately and will be followed by a series of meetings to be held around the country to explain and discuss the ratification of the contract. Following that, probably in late September, all of our pilots will have an opportunity to vote to accept the contract.

Everyone will soon receive additional information about the proposed agreement and the business objectives which are important to all of us for the future

Shellgames

For those of you not familiar with it... The above is obviously a post from one of the NJA internal "IntraNetJets" networks.

A couple things strike me...

"pilot salaries increased"

The amount rumored to be offered does not even meet the standard government COLA increase percentages over the last 6 years.

"profit sharing program"

Did anyone mention that the reason they gave us for not offering large pay raises is that they did not / have not made a profit since 2001? So "profit sharing" means exactly WHAT for my pocketbook?

It seems that no matter how loud we railed, neither the company or the MEC wanted to believe the membership when we said "its about the money".

This TA is DOA. My guess is a 70% or greater NO vote.

Yosemite,

It's almost comical, isn't it? Were told we're bleeding money faster than Donald Trump yet were going to get profit sharing? Wonder if that profit sharing will include "sales"?

However, I'm more pessimistic than you. The two e-mails we got were full of fear and I think enough people are going to be sold on fear and " I’m going to take my money and run" syndrome. Guess we will see in about 2 months.

Never tie bonus to "profit".....

You never want a "profit" sharing program because "profit" is an opinion and it can be manipulated big time (e.g., you can increase depreciation expense on aircraft and thus reduce profit - then you get smaller bonus checks). You'd think the dumba$$ negotiators would know that by now - it would only hurt their members because of the variability. Bonuses should always be tied to cash flow (cash in vs. cash out) because that promotes more careful spending of cash and less waste.....

I had a profit sharing at another company and it was very good to me. I have tens of thousands of dollars that were given to me in a profit sharing plan. Not all are bad. Besides bonus can be just as subjective.

Griz said:
Bandit,

Did someone drop you on your head when you were young?

The company is crying poor when it increased assets by over $1 billion since 1998. You want to give this same company the ability to decide if they are profitable enough to offer you a bonus? Sheesh...
I was refering to someone who said "never". All I was saying is that some companies can offer good profit sharing plans. I was not saying that this is a good one.

Hey Griz,

Seems like the MEC was just dropped on their heads by NUTJETS. I may have been dropped on my head for choosing to come to work at NETJOKE. We have a lawyer with no head, and a mediator that seems to get head from the company. What is going on in this world? Who's a$$ do we have to kiss to get released from mediation? The Teamsters future isn't looking so bright for this pilot group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back