NJA TA for new FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawkered said:
We will need a minimum of 5,000 pilots on the seniority list by the end of this decade! Take into account a captain has to be removed from the training cycle to accomplish six month and 299 checks and you can see we need more captains than first officers.

Hey man, I'm not trying to upset anyone here but this anti-NJA dribble is starting to piss me off from you guys.

Not trying to pi$$ you off. I really want to know the answer... Like I said on another thread, it's been purely morbid curiosity regarding my interests in this discussion. I was quietly hoping this might be the first time where the newbies didn't get hosed and there lies my only disgust. You all had an opportunity to break the mold and do something special. The junior side of the seniority list had the most to gain and they got the most taken away in terms of the gateways...

This board isn't for telling each other what we want to hear.

Last edited:
h25b said:
Why can't you understand that quick upgrades WILL NOT LAST FOREVER !!!!! In fact they are already coming to an end...
Not sure what gave you this impression. Capt bids have been picking UP in the last few months. As a matter of fact, 30 PIC bids were awarded last month and another 30+ are open currently.

The 5000 pilot number is one the company floated years ago. When you look at the outstanding aircraft orders you can see that we will have to hire another 2000+ pilots. We have just started building the G200, C680 and 400XP fleets. 100 copies of each, plus 100 G150s.

As far as the SICs: They are all grandfathered into the HBAs.

NJA Capt said:
Not sure what gave you this impression. Capt bids have been picking UP in the last few months. As a matter of fact, 30 PIC bids were awarded last month and another 30+ are open currently.

The 5000 pilot number is one the company floated years ago. When you look at the outstanding aircraft orders you can see that we will have to hire another 2000+ pilots. We have just started building the G200, C680 and 400XP fleets. 100 copies of each, plus 100 G150s.

As far as the SICs: They are all grandfathered into the HBAs.

Don't forget 50 orders with 50 options for the Hawker Horizon.

I agree with Grizz. I guess that is why I'm not too worried about it. There is no way they can get enough pilots with only those 5 cities.

Last edited:
are there any 4 on 3 off schedules at NJA? also the idea that there will be 5000 plus pilots on property is not guarenteed ..DAL and UAL where supposed to have 15,000 pilots each and we know what happend to that

208starcheck said:
FYI
Don't get me wrong I think this is as good as it's going to get given the hole we were in but before you get your hopes up about coming to NJA...

New FO's will have to live in one of five cities: CMH, DAL, LAX, PBI, and TEB.

"All crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement shall report to a Domicile (or satellite airport when applicable) as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport. New hire Crewmembers must be informed no later than the official offer of employment which Domicile the Company will require each new hire to report for duty prior to employment"

"The Company may limit Crewmember participation in the Home Base Airport system to thirty (30) percent of the total number of Crewmembers on the most current seniority list..."

The legal speak does go on a little furture but those are the basics. I have a couple friends that really wanted to come over but not now. The union leadership did a superb job overall. This is the only part I personally didn't like. I guess that makes for a 99% approval rating from me.

Fly safe.

Does that mean that these new pilots will actually have to live in one of those cities, or can they commute to say LAX from LAS?

Hawkered--You are wrong about Cathay. You only have to live in HKG for a couple of years if you go to the pax fleet. On the freighter, you can live in a variety of places right off the bat.

Even on the pax fleet, after a couple of years in HKG you can bid out to a domicile in your home country (if there is one). A good friend of mine is commuting to JFK from MCO.

And, no, I didn't get a chance to do the checkerboard approach. Pity.TC

P.S.--In the future, I'll urge my company to fly into Shenzhen. HKG is a pain in the butt.TC

The crew base issue is a big concern to me. I was getting all set to send in my stuff but I live near CLT (with family and owned home) and without that option it becomes a no deal for me to move.

You don't negotiate based on how many airplanes management is promising you will be on the property...

The aircraft on order can change dramatically. Boy I've never heard of an aircraft order being cancelled before ...:rolleyes:

AA717

Yeah, the freight carrier is ASL, or Air Service Leasing. It's still a division of the Swire Group but is actually run on a different certificate. The wage disparity was even worse back in 1999, so I only considered the pax side. As you know, there are no labor laws in Hong Kong and much has changed in the "fragrant harbour".

You're a whole bunch better off here!

Latest resources

Back