• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Strong Union Negotiator Summary--Part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jesus if you're going to quote ron white at least quote him right.

Ok both sides listen to me ..... what you are seeing is a glimpse into big time power negotiating. Each side stakes out a preposterous position and then waits for the other to blink. This is not about chump change - it is about big dollars and people's lives, salary standards for a maturing industry and efficiencies of operation, huge egos and each side using the legal tools at their disposal. (Flying by the rules for pilots and the threat of hostages by the company) In any "war" there are innocent bystanders - read NJ support personnel - who are frightened by the sounds of "war" ... and even sometimes suffer collateral casualties. Just remember one thing however - nobody got on the Mayflower looking for 30 yrs and a gold watch. This is America and you can go do something else if egos - on both sides - kill this place. (Did I give myself away completely ??) But everyone hang on .. cause the ride is just beginning.

old*art said:
salary standards for a maturing industry and efficiencies of operation, huge egos and each side using the legal tools at their disposal. QUOTE]

Art-
Good post- but a couple of things- the industry is not maturing- it is mature, if you are talking about pilot jobs, aviation etc.

Fractional is just crossing the chasm- good book by the way by the same name.
But the younger guys with little to lose, are making it hard for the senior guys with much to lose.

Too bad, because I dont think netjets will fold.
And I dont think you will get your money because of the long term consequences.

Mature industry

I respectfully disagree ... there are too many unsettled issues for this industry to be "matured" in the classic sense - the biggest being the waste that is still allowed in the market place by management - we all have our individual anecdotal examples. Plus the pilot pay scale has not been set yet. In addition we are an amenity in our owners lives, not a necessity - give me a shot with them ... I could justify and get the needed increase in fees overnight.

disptchr posted:

If they wanted to play this game the way some of the pilots do they could easily take away a lot of the creature comforts and perks given to them out of "courtesy" - like no more $50/plate crew food and hotels that are adequate for a good night's rest and nothing more.

You can have the crew food. I would rather take the hour and go get something to eat anyway. Please take the crew food away. Remember, time is money. Do your homework disptch, ALL the crew food is in the $50 range.

Go ahead and put me up in that flea bag hotel also. If I don't get sleep because some trailer trash Ho is wailing to high heaven all night, the plane doesn't move in the morning.

I get the feeling this is just an idle threat no?

Bad Monkey! said:
What's your problem dispcrNJA?

Somebody rips your thread- which you happen to spin your way- to shreds and YOU GO BACK AND CHANGE YOUR TUNE??

I have one word for you: WEASEL!!

You're just a weasel who overdosed on the company kool-aid.

Sorry if you feel that your management position is threatened by a group of 2000+ unified professional pilots.

The truth is that this UNIFIED, PROFESSIONAL, and UNIONIZED PILOT GROUP is going to drag this company forward into being a mature company, and not the mom and pop operation it is.

Pilots fly airplanes, and that is what we do. It is a profession and not a hobby anymore. Get used to the revolution because there is not a frickin thing that you can do or say that will change what is happening. Tell that to all the other management moles out there, and you can take that to the bank!

The truth hurts, doesn't it

Threatened, no one feels threatened except the pilots.
Definately not unified as I know many pilots who disagree with all this BS.
Professional- Not even close as recent examples have show us quite the contrary.
Unionized- You may have that but we are not in the steel mill era fellas. The good days are gone for you boys.

Wake UP!!!

NJACMH said:
Professional- Not even close as recent examples have show us quite the contrary.
Unionized- You may have that but we are not in the steel mill era fellas. The good days are gone for you boys.

Wake UP!!!

Wow, I know a lot of pilots who work here also. And guess what? They are as unified as ever. I guess it depends on your perspective (Are you a DJ?). Please take a guess as to why WE ARE UNIFIED? It’s because of Moisture's and Shamtulli's egos.

As to their professionalism, I believe they are all professional. They don't fly tired. They don't fly hungry. They don't fly broken airplanes. They tell the truth when the owners ask why they are late. Let's see....hmmmm....safe with integrity. You figure it out. You wake up.

And just so you know, the most highly unionized industry is the aviation industry. I believe the figure is 90 plus percent.

NJACMH said:

Wake UP!!!

And by the way, I don't know if maybe I just didn't see you all on this message board prior to the bumpy road we are currently on, but I would think YOU all are probably FEELing pretty THREATENED by this whole situation since all of the sudden cmh trolls/moles have come out of the woodwork DUE TO MANAGEMENT'S INCOMPETENCE.

I just hope the friends/relationships I’ve made during the past years don't go away after all of this BS is complete. I would hate to see this company turn into a very small one if moisture and shamtulli don't wake up and do what's good for our owners. The company could just get this over with and start repairing what they have broken. All they have to do is rid themselves of the leaches, the union busting firms hired by shamtulli and moisture, and stop wasting time.

The pilots are waiting for the next move.

NJACMH you moron! You have your head so far up you a$$ your have lost reality.

Pilots who disagree? Who? Show us some names. If you're too chicken sh!t to post some names then PM me.

Professionalism? Of course, otherwise we would get fired. Why do you think we are nice to you idiots in the puzzle palace. If we are rude then you go running to the nearest authority figure crying because a pilot yelled at you.

Unionized? You bet your a$$! You are clueless to the strength of the union

NJACMH said:

Wake UP!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS ONE. COMPANY HACK OR WORSE, LAYWER.

Latest resources

Back