NJA questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dog

Let's suppose that upgrade times slow significantly at NJA and after 2 years, you bid and you are awarded a G-IVSP or G-V FO slot at NJI. You were hired post-ratification and you're living in one of the 5 domiciles.

I understand the pay is already negotiated for you through NJA CBA, but I understand you fall within the work rules of NJI. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Are you still limited to your domicile that you were hired into at NJA while you're flying a G-whiz at NJI or can you now live anywhere within an hour of an airport with scheduled service?

Another question:

If you are hired into a domicile other than CMH, does the company pay your per diem while you're in CMH for initial indoc?

Thanks!

Freight Dog said:
I understand the pay is already negotiated for you through NJA CBA, but I understand you fall within the work rules of NJI. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Are you still limited to your domicile that you were hired into at NJA while you're flying a G-whiz at NJI or can you now live anywhere within an hour of an airport with scheduled service?

That's a great question but it will be another year and a half before it becomes an issue since all the pilots coming over from NJA must have at least two years with NJA and 5000 hours total time. Therefore, anyone bidding the G-IV (G-V is not an available bid for NJA) is a pre-ratification pilot and already has home basing.

Freight Dog said:
Are you still limited to your domicile that you were hired into at NJA while you're flying a G-whiz at NJI or can you now live anywhere within an hour of an airport with scheduled service?

Like Gutshow said, it's still an unknown at this point. Applying common sense to this question (probably a mistake), I would think that since you are governed by NJI work rules, you would be able to fly out of any HBA type airport. Why would NJI care?

Freight Dog said:
If you are hired into a domicile other than CMH, does the company pay your per diem while you're in CMH for initial indoc?

Thanks!

$40.80 a day or $1.70 an hour. Starts when you depart your domicile, ends when you arrive back at your domicile.

I think that is an interesting question. I do not think anyone really has the answer. However, as of today, we did not need to answer the question because all of the FO's were senior to 1800 on the seniority list. In addition, I am not sure it would be a smart move. When you bid the FO position with NJI, you incur a 3 years seat lock. You might get a bit of a pay bump when you go to FO over there, however, you lose hourly overtime, holiday pay and a bunch of other benefits. I think the better move would bid FO in the 2000EX, which is the same class as the GIV.

can someone tell me how long after you send in a resume does it take to recieve an application? And after that how long does it take to get the interview to getting hired?

haulingthemail said:
can someone tell me how long after you send in a resume does it take to recieve an application? And after that how long does it take to get the interview to getting hired?

Sent resume in April.

Received Application in July.

FEDEX'd application maybe a week later in July

Still waiting to get "Application Accepted" e-mail. I'm shooting for LAX base so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

I sent my resume in late July, got a application 2 weeks later. Sent in my application last week and haven't heard back. Unfortunately I did the shotgun approach to resumes and now I have other people calling for an interview. I hope NetJets lets me know something soon so I can make a decision concerning the other companies calling.

Sent my resume early june, Got app late june, sent app early aug, and waiting. However I know a few guys that got turned down, and they got turned down fast. So the moral of the story I guess the longer the responce the better.

Latest resources

Back