Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
OK, folks, I've talked to a lot of people about NJA, seen the new contract, read a lot of info on here, and have finally moved off the fence and sent in a resume. I have a buddy that just got an application there (after about 2 weeks or so) and he's a EMB captain for Mesa with about 3500 TT and maybe 150 jet PIC. After all the discussion and research, I think it would be a fan-frickin-tastic place to work and probably a place I could spend a career.

Now for the question part....my quals are not particularly great...(ignore my profile, I need to update it)...

Just under 3000 TT
1550 Jet
1670 Multi
340 Jet PIC
CE-500 type rating

I know there's about 80 gazillion Indy air resumes in there now, and I'm thinkin I've probably mulled over it too long and now I'm just another in the stack. Realistically, do I have a prayer of getting on there?

Tankz!

EDIT: Oh yeah.....no LOR's.

Last edited:
CapnVegetto said:
OK, folks, I've talked to a lot of people about NJA, seen the new contract, read a lot of info on here, and have finally moved off the fence and sent in a resume. I have a buddy that just got an application there (after about 2 weeks or so) and he's a EMB captain for Mesa with about 3500 TT and maybe 150 jet PIC. After all the discussion and research, I think it would be a fan-frickin-tastic place to work and probably a place I could spend a career.

Now for the question part....my quals are not particularly great...(ignore my profile, I need to update it)...

Just under 3000 TT
1550 Jet
1670 Multi
340 Jet PIC
CE-500 type rating

I know there's about 80 gazillion Indy air resumes in there now, and I'm thinkin I've probably mulled over it too long and now I'm just another in the stack. Realistically, do I have a prayer of getting on there?

Tankz!

EDIT: Oh yeah.....no LOR's.

You have to play the lottery to win. Why not you? Sure you have a chance. I think NJA hired like 100 in Jan alone. Remember it is all about the senority number.

my opinion?

I think you have an excellent chance at getting an interview. It might take several months, but i'd bet you'll get one. Once you get there, your time is mostly irrelevant as long as you're current. If you're interview is strong and you pass the sim, you'll get hired. If not, it wouldn't matter if you had 20,000 hrs. and 3 lunar landings. Good luck!

If you don't apply, it's practically guaranteed that you WON'T get the job.

If you're interested and you meet the minimums stated on the website, start submitting resumes and see if you get an application. And if you don't get an application immediately, keep trying. It's the whole perseverance idea. Also, try to get an internal letter of recommendation, particularly from someone who's flown with you in the past.

NetJets is apparently swamped with resumes and applications right now, but remember that the company is looking for a lot of pilots over the next few years. And there might well be a few hundred retirements later this year or very early in '07, when the next batch of bonus payments go out.

Well, add me to the list on the other thread. Now I'm just waiting for the app. I'll fill it out and have it in within a day or 2 of when I get it. Fingers are officially crossed. :)

Swaayze said:
Go ahead and send off for your Driver's record, you need to submit it with the app.

That's good gouge to know...

I was able to go directly to the DMV and get it in 5 minutes. Cost me 4 or 5 dollars. Thats in florida though, not sure about the rest of the states.

Latest resources

Back