NJA Pilots SOLD OUT!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sparticusflt

After three years of negotations a TA has been reached. After reading the new TA and finding that the pay is substandard. MEC, Local 284, TEAMSTERS have sold out the pilot group of NJA. The pay is so offending that it is to depressing to mention. However out of curioustiy for those that want to know, year 5 pic is 69000. For those pilots that wish to come to NJA be weary of having to relocate to one of 5 RCA's. You will not qualify for a gateway. The pay for first year starting FO is 33000. The union has sold out NJA pilots and this is what three years of negotations gets us. Teamsters = failures!

Pay sucks, Gateways suck, company is a joke. Our only hope is a major shot down of this bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** TA.

The MEC doesn't have the balls to admit utter failure. I hope for their sake that they are sent over to NJI. Thankyou MEC, Teamsters, Local 284, for failing so terribly. You have wasted all of our time and your own and deserve the future hell that is coming to you.

sparky

I am so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing angry that I'm practically shaking. If I decide to take the 7 and 7 schedule, I will actually take a pay CUT. I now work the crazy "flex" schedule and make more NOW than I will if I take this 7 and 7, which I want.

There is NO WAY this thing will pass. Our MEC, attorneys and Teamsters are all pussies!!!! I will do everything I can to get rid of all of them. I believe that they TRULY believe that they did a good job.... idiots... especially our biggest clown, Roger Battistoni

Its just unbelievable. I am reading this TA.

Come November I will be year 5 Hawker 800XP captain. Under current contract base salary $61,000. Under TA $69,000.

Right now I am on day 1 of a 7 day tour. Under current contract I am here sitting at home because I haven't received a brief from the company. Under the TA if I hadn't received brief I would have reported to my gateway at 8am and I would be sitting at the airport.

Last night I had no responsibility to answer the phone until midnight. Under the TA I would have had to be contactable from 2pm on during my last day off.

Under current contract when I am given an airline brief my show time and duty start 2 hours prior to airline departure. Under TA (apparently according to an explanation letter, haven't seen it in the TA yet) show time equals airline departure.

These are huge steps backward! I can't begin to describe how mad I am. This company can't operate without at least some level of goodwill on the part of its pilot force. After this piece of crap TA I can't help but think that this company is in serious trouble of its own making.

There is absolutley no downside to voting no! Thats the wierd part. I would have thought there would be something in there to at least make the decision agonizing. There isn't. Its easy.

Keep our current contract. When part 91k comes into effect the company is screwed. Operating under subpart K with our current contract would be a joy and pleasure in everything but pay. Much better than this utter piece of CRAP!!!

Thank you for listening.

Sctt@NJA said:
Its just unbelievable. I am reading this TA.

Come November I will be year 5 Hawker 800XP captain. Under current contract base salary $61,000. Under TA $69,000.

Right now I am on day 1 of a 7 day tour. Under current contract I am here sitting at home because I haven't received a brief from the company. Under the TA if I hadn't received brief I would have reported to my gateway at 8am and I would be sitting at the airport.

Last night I had no responsibility to answer the phone until midnight. Under the TA I would have had to be contactable from 2pm on during my last day off.

Under current contract when I am given an airline brief my show time and duty start 2 hours prior to airline departure. Under TA (apparently according to an explanation letter, haven't seen it in the TA yet) show time equals airline departure.

These are huge steps backward! I can't begin to describe how mad I am. This company can't operate without at least some level of goodwill on the part of its pilot force. After this piece of crap TA I can't help but think that this company is in serious trouble of its own making.

There is absolutley no downside to voting no! Thats the wierd part. I would have thought there would be something in there to at least make the decision agonizing. There isn't. Its easy.

Keep our current contract. When part 91k comes into effect the company is screwed. Operating under subpart K with our current contract would be a joy and pleasure in everything but pay. Much better than this utter piece of CRAP!!!

Thank you for listening.
Very distressing if what you are saying is fact - a complete slap in the face... It sounds like it may be time to kick the Teamsters to the curb... So, what recourse would you, as a pilot group, have now? Can/will you vote down the TA? I would... I'd love to hear the Teamsters' SPIN on why this is a good deal - sounds like they did a CRAP job.... What's the point of union representation if your contract takes a step backwards? Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes it is accurate info, but wait theres more!

Previous rumours are true. All newhires have to use EWR, MCO, CMH, LAX or Dallas (forget which airport in Dallas). Moving expenses paid for by company! WOW.

RCA (those listed cities) usage gets you an extra $6,000 dollars a year.

FO payscale starts at $33,500 and goes up to $38,540 at year five. That's for all equipment except BBJ.

PIC pay scale is broken up into weight categories. They are all the same up to year 8 which gets you to $80,000.

Guys like myself who have some seniority will be locked into the "Class IV" category which includes the Citation X, G200, and Falcon. This scale tops out at $117,500 at year 15. It's a long haul to get there though. Of course you need to have a standing bid for those larger airplanes and take the bid when your number comes up to retain that scale.

More junior guys will be stuck with the pay scale of whatever equipment they can hold. "Class II" includes the smaller airplanes like 400xp and Ultra. This scale tops at year 10 at $81,000.

"Class III" includes 800XP and tops at $92,000 at year 14.

Nothing right now for "Class I". This scale is apparently reserved for possible future use of "micro-jets".

There is a signing bonus based on time with company. Varies from $5,000 to $25,000. My bonus would be about $17,500.

I say "would be" because I can't imagine this will pass.

I guess the benefits are pretty good. I don't really know. I can't be bothered to study them. Someone mentioned that the loss of medical insurance is only good for 2 years. We don't have anything like that now, but still, it doesn't seem like thats all that great to me.

There is no COLA. Others have pointed out that this TA pay scale offers less buying power for most years of service than our current contract offered at the time it was ratified.

It is a blatant slap in the face.

Whats the deal on the signing bonus? How is it paid out? If it's a lump sum, which probably isn't the case, but if it is, take the cash and run!

Sctt@NJA said:
Yes it is accurate info, but wait theres more!

Previous rumours are true. All newhires have to use EWR, MCO, CMH, LAX or Dallas (forget which airport in Dallas). Moving expenses paid for by company! WOW.

RCA (those listed cities) usage gets you an extra $6,000 dollars a year.

FO payscale starts at $33,500 and goes up to $38,540 at year five. That's for all equipment except BBJ.

PIC pay scale is broken up into weight categories. They are all the same up to year 8 which gets you to $80,000.

Guys like myself who have some seniority will be locked into the "Class IV" category which includes the Citation X, G200, and Falcon. This scale tops out at $117,500 at year 15. It's a long haul to get there though. Of course you need to have a standing bid for those larger airplanes and take the bid when your number comes up to retain that scale.

More junior guys will be stuck with the pay scale of whatever equipment they can hold. "Class II" includes the smaller airplanes like 400xp and Ultra. This scale tops at year 10 at $81,000.

"Class III" includes 800XP and tops at $92,000 at year 14.

Nothing right now for "Class I". This scale is apparently reserved for possible future use of "micro-jets".

There is a signing bonus based on time with company. Varies from $5,000 to $25,000. My bonus would be about $17,500.

I say "would be" because I can't imagine this will pass.

I guess the benefits are pretty good. I don't really know. I can't be bothered to study them. Someone mentioned that the loss of medical insurance is only good for 2 years. We don't have anything like that now, but still, it doesn't seem like thats all that great to me.

There is no COLA. Others have pointed out that this TA pay scale offers less buying power for most years of service than our current contract offered at the time it was ratified.

It is a blatant slap in the face.
So the domiciles have become MORE restrivctive? I thought I read somewhere that you could have a domicile that had a flight that landed at one of those airports before 10 AM. This is not the case?

Current employees will be grandfathered into a system where you can use an airport as a gateway if it has airline service to EWR, MCO or LAX arriving prior to 10am.

Note only 3 of the 5 RCAs work as qualifiers for this criteria.

New hires will have to report to one of the 5 RCAs period.

Sctt@NJA said:
Current employees will be grandfathered into a system where you can use an airport as a gateway if it has airline service to EWR, MCO or LAX arriving prior to 10am.

Note only 3 of the 5 RCAs work as qualifiers for this criteria.

New hires will have to report to one of the 5 RCAs period.
So to compare....Your new hires will have a more restrictive domicile policy (which affects QOL) and less pay than F/Os at Options and Citation Shares?(Not 100% sure about CS). AND they get to pay 2% of their salary for this privilage? Well, this will about kill the union drive at Options. If you are going to say "in-house"; save your breath. Some have tried in the past and they are no longer here, if you know what I mean.

Sctt@NJA said:
What happens to those current pilots that are NOT domiciled at an airport that meets that criteria? Do any of the current gateways fall into that category?

Latest resources

Back