Nja Not Hiring In 2004

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ductleak

LETTERS WENT OUT THIS WEEK - NETJETS WILL NOT HIRE IN 2004. This came from the source... Looks like another year of waiting!

got to love the minister of mis information.

duct leak i'm not saying your making this up. I'm just saying don't beieve everything out of bridgeway.

Remember we are in negotiations.

I agree with Diesel

Who exactly received copies of these letters? Can you post a copy of that letter here for us to read? Pilots are leaving NJA for the airlines every month, they will have to resume hiring at some point.

300 aircraft at 4.5 pilots per average = 1350 total needed. Add 25 AC next year and you need 1500 total, we have 1850ish now. No pilots needed per roundtable meeting beginning of Nov.

The X intials will be filled by exising pilots like all of the other intial slots have been over the past year...and those will casue some excel bids etc.

To all,

If Netjets is fat on pilots. Why the weekly request for voulenteers to extend ?

Have a Happy...

The hiring dept says we WILL NOT be hiring in '04. They also temper that statement by saying this absolutely subject to change.
I gaurantee we will hire in '04. The compnay is awating the completion of the "industry leading contract", we have alot of folks leaving for JB, Frontier and soon Southwest. Trust me, hang on because the hiring will start.
There will be many guys who just plain quit this coming year becasue after the holidays they wont be able to afford working for NutJets.

Griz said:
Blue -

If you think NetJets is going to be able to get away with 4.5 pilots per plane after 91K goes into effect, you're mistaken and playing right into management's hands. Bridgeway knows it too...this is negotiations 101. We're getting toward the homestretch...next I expect to start hearing about potential layoffs.

Friend of mine works on the "Planning" side of the house (determines when we need to ask for volunteers...etc...). Anyway, this individual was telling me how the head mathematician is jumping up and down; screaming and yelling: telling the company that with 91K going into affect, we are very understaffed.

I would expect, in the next few months, to start hearing about furloughs as well. Typical....

Guess I will be first..

The first one to say that the contract is not a factor in the '04 hiring. That is implying it will be done in '04 which I find hard to believe, even if they put together a TA this year it will not pass, this has drug on so long that everyone keeps upping the expectations of what we need to get. Hope I am wrong, but I am personally planning on status quo for '04, keeping the belt tightened and the credit card in hand. That being said however, I too am sticking around for the long haul, the thought of going back to the 121 world is not appealing to me at all after doing this.

Oh no!! God forbid NJA may not be hiring in 2004!!! What is the world coming to.. How will people survive without those 30,000 per year jobs out there

Latest resources

Back