• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gutshotdraw said:
Hydrarkt,

As I asked Cav, how can the NJI pilots "resist" or "embrace?"

Over the next three years, NJA pilots will be flying Gs at NJI. Also, I'm not positive but I'm willing to bet that NJI pilots will be offered 1108 membership. Treatment of NJA pilots at NJI and how NJI pilots treat 1108 will have a say in determining future pilot integration into the seniority list, if it happens. I'm not saying that they'll be stapled. What I'm saying is that I believe if there is pilot integration, that the ratios of pilot integration into the seniority list will be directly reflective of NJI pilot resistance.

gutshotdraw said:
What causes concern are the demands of the hard liners that in a merger the NJI pilots be stapled to the bottom, or that NJA take just the planes and not the pilots, or dismantle the Hilton Head operation, or any number of other vindictive, thuggish statements.

If the primary argument for single carrier has always been that NJA and NJI work for the same company and fly the same clients, then any post-merger seniority integration should be conducted on a straight date of hire basis. We all know that WON'T happen so what's the ratio? 3 to 1? 5 to 1? 10 to 1? 0?.

Don't pay any attn to that BS.

At my age and relative seniority, I will never see a Gulfstream here under any configuration. Just don't want to be played anymore....

Don't want to bid into a class 4 falcon and be paid half as much as a non-union G-IV guy. Don't want to commute on my day off to a gateway 500 miles away when another guy on the non union side gets to fly from wherever he likes.

Not looking to screw somebody else.

I am looking for what a Reasonable man would consider fair.

Last edited:
Single-carrier petition

AIN reports:

Under the TA, one-third of the open captain positions and half of the open first-officer slots would be filled by pilots from the NJA seniority list. While these pilots would conform to NJI scheduling and training, they would remain unionized employees. This would create a mix of union and non-union pilots at NJI, which the union said will all but guarantee that the NMB approves the single-carrier petition.

I have a question. I just sent a resume to NJI. After doing that I jumped in here to read some threads on NJI and it appears I had no idea of what was going on over there. Just a few questions.

Is NJI considered an alter-ego carrier?
Are NJI pilots flying the BBJ junior to NJ pilots in smaller equipment?

Any other pertinent information would be cool.

islandhopper said:
I have a question. I just sent a resume to NJI. After doing that I jumped in here to read some threads on NJI and it appears I had no idea of what was going on over there. Just a few questions.

Is NJI considered an alter-ego carrier?
Are NJI pilots flying the BBJ junior to NJ pilots in smaller equipment?

Any other pertinent information would be cool.

NJI pilots fly only G4/5's. NJA pilots fly all other airplanes, including the BBJ. When and if the TA passes, NJA pilots will begin to fill a portion of open PIC and SIC seats in the G4/5...which may be the beginning to the end of the first question.

flyfish said:
NJI pilots fly only G4/5's. NJA pilots fly all other airplanes, including the BBJ. When and if the TA passes, NJA pilots will begin to fill a portion of open PIC and SIC seats in the G4/5...which may be the beginning to the end of the first question.

What kind of seniority to hold the BBJ as a CA? What is the quickest upgrade into ANY equipment?

It does make me chuckle that the same pilots that defend NJI to the death don't realize that RTS sold them (NJI) out to protect his own managers in SC.

islandhopper said:
What kind of seniority to hold the BBJ as a CA? What is the quickest upgrade into ANY equipment?

The top 50 on NJA seniority can/could hold BBJ CA. 1300 and lower #'s out of 2300 or so are holding new bids for captain. Could take several years to upgrade from now on. Anyone's guess really now. Depends on many things...ie, attrition, airplane orders/deliveries, acquisitions, bird flu...you get the idea.

Latest resources

Back