Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA new TA... What will you really make?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question. I've read everything about the overtime, my question or confusion is does that 5-10-15% everyone talks about include your per diem? P/d is different that ot, and was just wondering if I need to include that or not in my calculation.
Thanks.
Coastinout

Does not include the perdiem. Almost everyone works at least 5 of the the 10 extra pay holidays and gets some OT and an occasional extended day. That is where the extra comes from that they are talking about. The perdiem will be around another 6K and you will keep most of it since we get catered for most meals, but that is not included in the typical 10+ percent above base salary.

Count on 5% but you will probably do 10%.

I only did 8%. Senior enough to bid off almost all the holidays. No extending. If you get on line without too much delay in training you should do as well as I did. You will have to work holidays.

It will be very difficult to make a lower percentage than I did unless there is a training snafu. Working 5 holidays alone will bring you to over 4%. 50 hrs of overtime will bring you another 4% ... so there is 8% right there. I challenge anyone here to post that they did not get 50 hrs of overtime without trying...

Your results may vary

My 11% was hourly OT and holidays only. I had no extended days and I did not include per diem. (I worked 5 of the 10 company holidays.)

Who cares what the upgrade time is! It is still quicker that the majors since the 65 rule was passed and over the next 20 years I will make more.

every single fo cares. Ur nutz to think otherwise. I for see a 5-7 year upgrade down the road for newhires. 30 non apu a/c upgrades proj. for 08 been hearing some senior guys may bid for junior a/c for better vacation and schds. Will only probably see only 30-100(best case) true upgrades for 08. With that being said, I got 2.5 years here and it will be at least year 4 for me to upgrade.

If I get the job Im interviewing for next week, Im outta here. I must just "have something to prove or want to fly the big jets". For me its the flexibility, greater pay, easier workload, seniority means more time off and greater QOL on and off the road, possibility of flying day trips, trading and dropping trips. It has nothing to do with the a/c size( except the cockpit size ), everything to do with the more QOL, money, and less work down the road.

Im 27 and have 35 plus years to work, seniority needs to mean more at NJ. If they went to 5-6 weeks of vacation and the top 10 percent of the FO's and CA's had a premium schd like 5 on 7 on, I would stay. Seniority really doesn't improve ur QOL on and off the off the road after year 10.

And yes its a risk, but I rather say I tried and failed, than say "what if?" It may take me 10-15 years to get the QOL I want, but I would be 37-42 years old with a premium schd like days trips (nice to sleep in my temper pedic), work 3-5 less than days a month than 10yr guy at NJ, pick my overnights (if I choose to do overnights)and make the same money or more.

If I had a choice between a 76 fo making 90k working 9-13 days a month, then a excel captain making 120k working 15 days a month, Ill take the 76 in a heartbeat. As far as commuting goes most majors have a commuter policy(usually 2 flights) and decent schd starts in the afternoon and ends early morning.

Anyways, netjets is a great job, but its just not the job for me. I am just aiming for "the" best QOL and money out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back