• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Interview Timeline for October 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure if TEB can be considered junior but have heard on this board that TEB normally has the least amount of wait? - app accepted Sep 27th. Of course if hiring has stopped for the rest of the year I guess the wait will be as long as it takes to free up some sims.

If I can offer any positive input it's that you'll know about the IBB outcome before you interview. And it now really look like IBB passage is a for-sure thing so you won't have to worry about being locked into the 5 dumb-a-ciles.

Keep the faith and I hope that your interview occurs in the near future.

The IBB is going to pass - there's really no question at this point (after the news that came out yesterday re: NJI) - so who really cares what domicile you designate for the interview? Take my advise and let Derinda know that you will take whatever domicile will get you the first interview. By late November, it will be a moot point.

Based on my experience helping friends through the process, after you submit the app plan on waiting 6-7 months for the interview. The Christmas/New Years holiday will add an extra month of delay, more than likely.

Internal recs weigh heavily - but they do not expedite (in any way) the waiting process after the app has been accepted. Derinda and Jerry run a tight ship as far as that is concerned, and try to make the process fair for everyone involved.

My understanding is that, yes, the APPLICATION window has closed (still conducting interviews). This closure is due to the approx. 1000 resumes they have received over the last 3 weeks. Expected hiring is to be 300 pilots total next year, and 300 in 2009.

I'm in CMH, for what it's worth, but we're looking at Denver probably next year. I don't get the impression that it will matter much which other domciles I put down at this point, since the IBB passing will eliminate the whole domicile issue anyhow. It would be really difficult for me to go anywhere but CMH in the near future, so I only put that down. I didn't want to lead them on in the application process and have to backpedal during the interview when asked if I could accect PBI or TEB (I really couldn't at this point). It may cost me, but I feel like it's the honest thing to do, and hopefully soon it won't matter.

I'm sure the average experience level of the applicants has gone up with the IBB proposal; I hope my application package made "the cut" in the "window" for interviews next year. No use crying over spilled milk, I suppose. Seven or eight months is a long wait, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to survive in the meanwhile while awaiting the phone call, assuming it ever comes.

Just so I'm clear, you receive an e-mail saying that the application package has been accepted? This is different from the e-mail saying that your resume has been received, I presume. I haven't gotten anything since sending my application package back, but it's only been a week and a half.

How about updating? Should I send updated resumes periodically for the next few months? Anything else I should do to stay in touch? I don't want to annoy the HR people, but I don't want to fall off the face of the earth, either.

Thanks for the info, folks!

Jaybird--who could that be? ;)

I hope I'm in the window as well, as I only Fedexed my package out this weekend. Somebody signed for it only yesterday, so I might be shut out. Oh well.

I can sit out at my job as well for a while, but like most pilots, I'm very impatient when it comes to these sorts of things. Nothing worse than career anxiety.

I can speak for myself only, but I would send an update every time there's a big change in my resume (type rating, etc), and send an "I'm still interested" letter every three months or so. I don't feel that's 'too much'. Every recruiter is different, however.

Speaking of which, does Derinda have any pet peeves about these sort of things? Also, will NJ be attending any fairs? Nothing better than a little face time, even if it's diluted by the throngs. I know they're not on the list for Air Inc in November, FWIW.

Navin

I'm in CMH, for what it's worth, but we're looking at Denver probably next year. I don't get the impression that it will matter much which other domciles I put down at this point, since the IBB passing will eliminate the whole domicile issue anyhow. It would be really difficult for me to go anywhere but CMH in the near future, so I only put that down. I didn't want to lead them on in the application process and have to backpedal during the interview when asked if I could accect PBI or TEB (I really couldn't at this point). It may cost me, but I feel like it's the honest thing to do, and hopefully soon it won't matter.

I'm sure the average experience level of the applicants has gone up with the IBB proposal; I hope my application package made "the cut" in the "window" for interviews next year. No use crying over spilled milk, I suppose. Seven or eight months is a long wait, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to survive in the meanwhile while awaiting the phone call, assuming it ever comes.

Just so I'm clear, you receive an e-mail saying that the application package has been accepted? This is different from the e-mail saying that your resume has been received, I presume. I haven't gotten anything since sending my application package back, but it's only been a week and a half.

How about updating? Should I send updated resumes periodically for the next few months? Anything else I should do to stay in touch? I don't want to annoy the HR people, but I don't want to fall off the face of the earth, either.

Thanks for the info, folks!

Jaybird--who could that be? ;)

If your application gets accepted you should get an email (I think it took a month for my 'accepted' email to show up when I applied last year, and now with huge amount of apps it might take longer). Not for sure, but from reading some other post on the union board it sounds like they aren't send applications for 90 days, so I would take that to mean if you got an application and send it in they will still review it and as long as it is accepted (again, could take a month or more to find out) you would be put in the stack for an interview.

Unfortunately, (I'm incredibly impatient too...) it might take in excess of 6 months to get the interview, but if they accept your application you'll eventually get the call.

Good luck! :beer:

UPDATE: Someone posted on 1108 that the 'closed' thing was a rumor, they are still accepting resumes.

Last edited:
An update for anybody keeping score:

I just received my "Application Accepted" e-mail, 11 days after sending back the package and 18 days after sending a resume and cover letter. I'm glad I slid in past whatever cutoff may or may not be happening!

I don't know if they do these it batches or what the timeline generally is, but I'm excited about possibly moving to the next step. Good luck to my fellow job-seekers!

Historically, the time to interview is determined by what domiciles you indicate you can accept. I wanted PBI, so had to wait about 7 months from that e-mail to the interview. Had I been able to take LAX, I could have probably shaved 5-6 months off of that.

Not sure if that's the same today. Should the TA pass, of course, it'll be a moot point!

Sent the app in first week of Oct...still have my fingers crossed for the app accepted e-mail.

Are they still letting you know either way?

Thanks...

Latest resources

Back