• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Strikefinder

Captain Backfire
Hey folks,

I put in my application package last week and was curious about the current timeline for getting an interview for NJA and if anybody has heard anything as far as applicant pools since the IBB proposal got sent out.

I sent my resume on October 7, got the application package on October 12, and sent it back on October 15 (application package took about 9-10 hours to get everything to line up). I have a friend who had sent in his application package in mid to late-September and he hasn't heard anything yet. I get the impression it will likely be a few months and that there will be no more classes until at least next year (and anybody who's applying now probably won't see class until February or March), which is fine, but I was curious what the current word on the street was as far as that went.

Do they typically put people who interview in the order in which they applied, or does experience or internal letters of recommendation speed the process along? If anybody has interviewed recently, what have been the experience levels of folks who have interviewed or started class?

For anybody keeping score, I'm a ERJ regional captain with a little over 6,000 hours and a previous background in corporate aviation. It sounds like a terrific place to work and I'm excited about the possibility of getting out of the 121 business if I get the opportunity at NJA, so hopefully I'll hear something. If I do hear anything, I'll pass the word along for any other interested applicants.

Thanks for the help! I've been studying this forum for a while now and there's a lot of good information and useful discussion, which is much different than the regional forum can be...

a guy i know just put his stuff in last week. i sent in a recomendation for him, i'll let you know when he hears something.;)

I had a 10 year guy walk my app in and got the "application accepted" email within a couple days! That was May 9th. You may have a bit of a wait.

Hiring window? I assume that means NJ ramps down their hiring through fall, and gets going again after New Years... Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Navin

Not the hiring window per se. The rumor is that the app window is closed. Of course this has not been confirmed by anyone on the hiring committee yet.

Depends on what domicile you listed. I have had my stuff in there since January but can only accept PBI. I have confirmed with Derinda that I'm still on the waiting list for PBI.

I wonder how they will handle applications if the IBB is passed...

Not sure if TEB can be considered junior but have heard on this board that TEB normally has the least amount of wait? - app accepted Sep 27th. Of course if hiring has stopped for the rest of the year I guess the wait will be as long as it takes to free up some sims.

Latest resources

Back