• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
applied 10-05
app accepted 11-07
Interview 02-08
start date 07-09 CMH

nine month process.

Why the long wait from interview to indoc? 5 months? Did you have something else going on?

Did you get a letter that says what plane you are on and domicile after your phone call?

Do you have to pick two different domiciles. I really can't accept anything accept PBI right now for family reasons. Does that limit or eliminate my chances?

On the full applications you list your domiciles in order of preference. They are pretty good about getting you the domicile you want, but you may end up waiting for an interview when they have an availability in that domicile.

There will be a replacement fleet for the venerable Ultra. The 400XP was supposed to be the successor but it went over like a "lead zeppelin". (Pardon the pun...) The current rumor is that the Encore+ is coming as a stop-gap until the CJ4 is ready. I think the CJ4 is rumored for delivery in 2010. Hopefully Cessna is quicker with that plane than Raytheon was with the Horizon/4000.

As for how busy the Ultra fleet is, I only flew a few tours this year on the U-boat. It was during a relatively quiet period, so we weren't very busy and of course, when the plane broke (they are old), that put us in a hotel for a few days. I am hearing some guys saying that the Ultra fleet is definitely starting to slow down, especially compared to the old days.

Just out of curiousity, what is it about the 400XP that's going over like a lead balloon? I flew the USAF version back when it was still the beechjet, and I don't remember it being a bad jet really. Problems with performance? Pax don't like it? Legs not long enough? Again, just curious, especially seeing as that's what I'll be flying here soon.

Just out of curiousity, what is it about the 400XP that's going over like a lead balloon? I flew the USAF version back when it was still the beechjet, and I don't remember it being a bad jet really. Problems with performance? Pax don't like it? Legs not long enough? Again, just curious, especially seeing as that's what I'll be flying here soon.

From what I have heard it is a performance issue - not enough range. It is more comfortable than the Ultra (dimension wise) but its range won't allow for a lot of versatility. It does seem to fly quite a bit but it seems better suited for Netjets Europe flying with the shorter range profile. At least that's what I've heard... I think ACATerry flies the Beechjet - maybe he can chime in......

From the OPS side they don't like the 400XP because it's performance for second segment is terrible (from what the dispatchers say...) along with it's range. Also, some say the salesmen sold this plane to the customers as being able to take a full load, plus bags half way cross the country without a fuel stop.... it can't, so then you have pissed customers... It also has a bad reliability history, but I heard this is getting better.

I am on the XL and it seems one third of our trips are flights for the 400xp and the ultra. The smart owners buy into the 400xp and they probably get upgraded every other trip request.

Update on interview waits. A buddy of mine that gave an internal rec. for me at NJ contacted the hiring department to see if he could get an update on where I stood in the interview pool and was told that I should expect an interview sometime in July or August. My app was accepted April 27 and have CMH and PBI as domicile preferences. Hopefully, that may give some of you a better time frame of what to expect.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back