• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok so heres the scoop:

App Accepted 04/27
Email to interview today 05/23

Interview dates are late June approximately a month from today with class dates for TEB 07/05 and 08/06.

Now where did I leave that interview gouge?

Good to hear for us waiting on TEB. My app was accepted about a ten days after yours, so fingers crossed.

Good to hear....I'm a little worried cause my app was accepted the last week of March..However I just changed my domocile request form to TEB this week so that is probably the reason for not getting an e-mail...well I hope thats the reason :beer:

BTW did anyone else hear/receive an e-mail?

For a minute, I thought you meant:

applied 10/2005
app accepted 11/2007
Interview 02/2008
Start date 07/2009

But I'm glad to see that's not the case. Congrats on the job. What fleet(s) were offered to you and what did you end up with?

Sorry about that
10-05-2006
11-07-2006
02-08-2007
07-09-2007

Offered the XL or the Ultra but so far I've only been given an Ultra date.

Offered the XL or the Ultra but so far I've only been given an Ultra date.

So you'll be weighing the APU and an extra $225/month (crossover pay) on the XL vs. the earlier jump on seniority in the Ultra. It's an interesting choice. Of course, the Ultras are definitely on the way out, as I saw three in the all-white paint scheme on Sunday at Bridgeway, so who knows - maybe the Ultra will be a gentleman's fleet as it winds down.

Regardless of what fleet you end up with, congrats on getting the job.

So you'll be weighing the APU and an extra $225/month (crossover pay) on the XL vs. the earlier jump on seniority in the Ultra. It's an interesting choice. Of course, the Ultras are definitely on the way out, as I saw three in the all-white paint scheme on Sunday at Bridgeway, so who knows - maybe the Ultra will be a gentleman's fleet as it winds down.

Regardless of what fleet you end up with, congrats on getting the job.

Thanks I appreciate it. Which way would you go? What happens if you have a couple of years on the Ultra and then the fleet goes away? Would I end up at the bottom of the FO pool for another fleet?

Thanks I appreciate it. Which way would you go? What happens if you have a couple of years on the Ultra and then the fleet goes away? Would I end up at the bottom of the FO pool for another fleet?

It would be tempting to take the XL for the extra pay. But if the wait for an XL class is long, say 5-6 months, I think I'd take the Ultra and go for the seniority. But that's just me - some people just gotta have an APU.

If you are on the Ultra when it finally goes away, you won't move to the bottom of the list. Your company seniority isn't affected by switching fleets. And while the Ultra does seem to be going away a little more quickly these days, it's still going to be around for at least a few more years. I can't see us getting replacement planes quickly enough to shut down the Ultra program any sooner.

So, would the deal be to replace the Ultra's with another fleet ~ say more 400XP's? Another question is, how busy is the Ultra fleet?

So, would the deal be to replace the Ultra's with another fleet ~ say more 400XP's? Another question is, how busy is the Ultra fleet?

There will be a replacement fleet for the venerable Ultra. The 400XP was supposed to be the successor but it went over like a "lead zeppelin". (Pardon the pun...) The current rumor is that the Encore+ is coming as a stop-gap until the CJ4 is ready. I think the CJ4 is rumored for delivery in 2010. Hopefully Cessna is quicker with that plane than Raytheon was with the Horizon/4000.

As for how busy the Ultra fleet is, I only flew a few tours this year on the U-boat. It was during a relatively quiet period, so we weren't very busy and of course, when the plane broke (they are old), that put us in a hotel for a few days. I am hearing some guys saying that the Ultra fleet is definitely starting to slow down, especially compared to the old days.

Latest resources

Back