NJA Interview Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Application Help!!

Can anyone explain to me how to fill out the PILOT TIME section of the application? I did the worksheet (separate sheet), but I'm a bit confused on this section which is on the application. If anyone can explain this a bit better than it's worded in the notes right below the chart, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Somebody refresh my memory... does EJA run everything Part 135 and therefore have age 60 limits for PIC or are they strictly Part 91 and 60+ is cool as long as you can hold the 2nd class medical?

Also was wondering if they interview in order of application? Somebody mentioned they got an interview with a 2003 app and I put mine in way back in 2002 and update once every 8-10 months or so. I always thought they interviewed in the order they received the apps and was wondering?

Last question, are they even sending out apps right now or are the coffers full?

Lear70 said:
Somebody refresh my memory... does EJA run everything Part 135 and therefore have age 60 limits for PIC or are they strictly Part 91 and 60+ is cool as long as you can hold the 2nd class medical?

Also was wondering if they interview in order of application? Somebody mentioned they got an interview with a 2003 app and I put mine in way back in 2002 and update once every 8-10 months or so. I always thought they interviewed in the order they received the apps and was wondering?

Last question, are they even sending out apps right now or are the coffers full?
Apps are being sent out.

No max age to fly 135 or 91K. Only 121.

1st class med required for PIC.

The order of interviewing is a mystery.

Actually, you need a first class medical AND and ATP. No exceptions. They speed things up if someone within the company can send your resume to the right people and then follow up with a phone call. Letters of recs are great to have, especially if they come from within the company.

If you recieve an application package, does this usually mean an interview is to follow soon? Also, does anyone know approximately how long it is currently taking from the time they recieve your app. until the time you are called for an interview?

Errriiiiccccc, from the folks I've spoken to I get the impression that from the time NJA get your app to the time they call to schedule an interview...your looking at about 2 or 3 weeks.

Quite a few guys are interviewing and turning the job down due to the uncertaintity with the new contract and gateway issues.

I don't think they are finding that people are climbing over one another to come work here.

There is alot of uncertainty out there and some don't want to risk it.......

Good Luck!!!!

DO-82 is correct, Part 135 turbojet PIC (passengers) requires a first class medical which is the main restriction for the age 60 rule (freight only requires 2nd class). The FAR's don't say you can't fly as PIC over 60, they just say it requires a first class medical, then since they say you can't have a first class medical after age 60, they close the door. Sneaky, but effective.

I was just trying to find out if Netjets was all Part 91 or if they run everything Part 135 or a mxi, which would then necessitate the age 60 limit as PIC...

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
Lear 70,

The majority of our flights are Part 91, however, Our 135 business is steadily growing due to the Marquis program. If I had to guess, I'd say its a 85/15 split.

As far as holding a first class medical.......there is no max age limit to get a First class........ you can be PIC over the age of 60 for either 91 or 135 flights....as well as the upcoming Part 91K.

Lear70 said:
The FAR's don't say you can't fly as PIC over 60, they just say it requires a first class medical, then since they say you can't have a first class medical after age 60, they close the door. Sneaky, but effective.
Did you just make this up? There is no rule that prohibits a pilot over age 60 from flying as PIC under Parts 91, 91K, 125, and 135. Likewise, there is no rule that prohibits a pilot of any age from holding a class one medical certificate. The only age limit that's germane to fractional flying is the age 23 requirement to hold an ATP.

Latest resources

Back