NJA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAEflyer said:
Anyone know if they will fly you to training from your home airport or if you have to fly from your assigned domicile? I am getting married the day before i leave for training and PBI is a 4:30 drive

They will fly you from your domicile only, at least that is my understanding.

I'm currently at indoc and that's the word as I understand it.

Of course you'll have to see my lawyer if you want a guarantee on that :)

SAEflyer said:
Anyone know if they will fly you to training from your home airport or if you have to fly from your assigned domicile? I am getting married the day before i leave for training and PBI is a 4:30 drive

According to Section 13.9 (Start of Tour), "...the Company is not obligated to allow crewmembers to use airports other than those listed in this Section to begin any duty tour, including training tours".

Under the last CBA, it was possible to fly out of a "home" airport for training, but that's no longer the case with the new CBA.

But congrats on your wedding. Bring your new spouse to CMH for a wonderful winter honeymoon. "Columbus - it's the Bahamas of the Midwest".:laugh:

Maybe they'll let me pay the difference for a flight out of JAX. Anyways, i could have had a later class date, but i would have had to wait another two weeks and i am already out of work so i didn't want to wait that long and give up the seniority number. Also i would have had to go to the X if i waited and i preferred the 2000. Also, anyone know who i should call at the company to check on this flight situation?

How long did you guys wait after sending in the app before the call for an interview? I sent mine in on the 5th still waiting anxiously for the call!

The REAL reason why I left FLOPS for NetJets

Some of my current employer's peers are asking me why Im leaving, the answer is simple: Better Food, Better Tie, Better Hotels. Not nescessarily in that order. Honestly guys, its NOT the $$$.

SAEflyer said:
I was e mailed for an interview 5 days after i sent in my app...

Thanks SAE, maybe it's just a slight delay 'cuz of all the INDY guys that they just interviewed. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have come over when I got furloughed from INDY a year ago.

inthewind said:
How long did you guys wait after sending in the app before the call for an interview? I sent mine in on the 5th still waiting anxiously for the call!

They don't call, they email you the interview info.

Some new hires are reporting getting an interview about a month after submitting an application and then about another month before getting hired. Some less, some more.

Once you get the interview you find out the next day. I got the call at 3:30pm and was sweating bullets. Linda said i was the last one on the list to get the call. I am not sure if they call you if you don't get the job. I was under the impression that they do but when she told me i was the last to get the call, i immediatley asked if that was a good thing. She responded that it was always a good thing when she called. Take that for what its worth and GOOD LUCK!

Latest resources

Back