NJA hiring in 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Correcting

In company recurrent this week. Straight from the horse's mouth. No hiring number estimate for 2009. Hiring will only be "on demand." And based on what else he told us, I don't think there will be much demand for hiring in 2009.

In company recurrent this week. Straight from the horse's mouth. No hiring number estimate for 2009. Hiring will only be "on demand." And based on what else he told us, I don't think there will be much demand for hiring in 2009.
Hiring happen after all furloughees are recalled. The economy simply sux...

Sounds like bad news. I still don't think there will be furloughs though. Did anyone ask about that in company recurrent?

Yes. No furloughs for now. Recession of 2001-2002 there were no furloughs, so I don't expect any this time either (subject to change, of course). If you start hearing about furloughs in the fractional industry, I can guarantee it won't be from us at first.

Santulli is wise. He hates furloughs because he's one of the smart people that realizes it ultimately costs more money to retrain everyone when they get called back rather than keep them around in tough times. It also avoids the huge negative hit to morale. That being said, if things continue to get worse, then all bets are off.

Right now, the biggest impact is on our sub-contractors that used to do huge business with us. They're hurting bad since we don't use them at all anymore and the rest of the charter market has dried up. They used to make crazy money from us between now and Easter, which is our busy season. Now it looks like we'll be able to cover most of the demand ourselves.

Last edited:
Yes. No furloughs for now. I don't expect any this time either.
Santulli is wise. He hates furloughs because he's one of the smart people that realizes it ultimately costs more money to retrain everyone when they get called back rather than keep them around in tough times. It also avoids the huge negative hit to morale. That being said, if things continue to get worse, then all bets are off.
How much worse can things get? Have you seen CIT, C, MER, GS, GE, JPM, et al??? Who doesn't "hate" furloughs?

Hiring happen after all furloughees are recalled. The economy simply sux...
Jonjuan, you are all class for sure, too bad that they are all LOW. It sure sounded like you have made the prediction that there will be furloughs, and you wouldn't mind it if it were true for nothing other than to validate your "wisdom" and prediction. There is nothing like a fellow pilot hoping another pilot to be on the street just so that you feel a little better about yourself.

On demand code word for ZERO.

Watch CNBC it's bad!

Jonjuan, you are all class for sure, too bad that they are all LOW. It sure sounded like you have made the prediction that there will be furloughs, and you wouldn't mind it if it were true for nothing other than to validate your "wisdom" and prediction. There is nothing like a fellow pilot hoping another pilot to be on the street just so that you feel a little better about yourself.
HUH? Drink much?

Right now, the biggest impact is on our sub-contractors that used to do huge business with us. They're hurting bad since we don't use them at all anymore and the rest of the charter market has dried up. They used to make crazy money from us between now and Easter, which is our busy season. Now it looks like we'll be able to cover most of the demand ourselves.

Forecasts from people that know, are that up to 40% of the ma and pa 135 operators could be gone within the next year. Now when I heard this, it freaked me out. That is huge, and I hope to hell it isn't true.

Latest resources

Back