• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Hilton Honors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you pay with a credit card (either yours or the company credit card). On a very rare occasion or two, the company has a direct billed room. You get more Hilton hotel points by using your own Hilton Honors AMEX plus you get 500 airline miles per stay (of the airline of your choosing). I earn about 3500 - 5000 points per stay at a Hilton, about 1500 - 2500 points per stay at an Embassy, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton or lower tier Hilton property, plus the airline miles.

I have redeemed the points for 6 night stays at the Bahamas or downtown SFO for 125,000 points (for the 6 nights).

Nixon said:
So, when you stay at a hotel, is that direct-billed to the company, or do you pay with a credit card?

You can use your own card or use the company credit card. I use the AMEX Starwood card. Starwood allows you to transfer your hotels points (earned from the AMEX) to airline miles 1 to 1. For every 20,000 points you tranfer starwood gives you another 5,000 miles for a total of 25,000 miles to XYZ airline. I would say we stay at 80% Hilton's and Marriotts anyway so I get enough points from there.

Can anyone say if the 40000 point limit on the company card is per year or just the limit at any one time if you are taking the flights as soon as you earn them?

Majik said:
I have redeemed the points for 6 night stays at the Bahamas or downtown SFO for 125,000 points (for the 6 nights).
I redeemed points for a stay in downtown SFO - 80,000 for 2 nights - not such a great deal.

jtf said:
Can anyone say if the 40000 point limit on the company card is per year or just the limit at any one time if you are taking the flights as soon as you earn them?

40,000 per year is the limit. You can save for 3 years and accumulate a maximum of 120,000 points.

I spent a month and a half traveling around europe staying at the finest hiltons all for 500,000. Basically a years worth of nights.

Co Card

I personally use the co card, and what suprises me is the misconception many have on the road. They will see my card and say they can't believe I gave up all my Hilton points. They actually think that by using the company MC you give up any hilton points for your stays. They don't understand that you are still an HHonors member, and still get points for the stay. What you don't get is the extra 5 points per dollar from Amex. I was tired of loaning around 36,000 per year interest free, not a very solid investment, especially since Hilton points get more and more worthless every year. JMHO.

niteflyr said:
I personally use the co card, and what suprises me is the misconception many have on the road. They will see my card and say they can't believe I gave up all my Hilton points. They actually think that by using the company MC you give up any hilton points for your stays. They don't understand that you are still an HHonors member, and still get points for the stay. What you don't get is the extra 5 points per dollar from Amex. I was tired of loaning around 36,000 per year interest free, not a very solid investment, especially since Hilton points get more and more worthless every year. JMHO.

Actually, you're not loaning the company any money, even on your personal card. The bank behind your credit card is fronting the money, you're just a middle man. Of course, if there were some kind of foul-up and your expenses were to be reimbursed after your credit card 'grace period', that would be different. Some people, understandably, don't like that (little) liability.
Of course, the choice of whether or not to use the company card is a personal one and no choice is more valid or smarter than any other choice.

You pay with a credit card, either your own or the company card. Then you file an expense report, either online for the company card or a paper expense report you mail in if you use your own card.

AirBear

Just curious, who does most of the purchasing for fuel, catering, etc? Captain, FO, or whoever gets to the counter first?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back