• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Hilton Honors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I convert mine to round trip SWA tickets for 85000 pts. You can also trade 10,000 pts for one SWA credit.

Yep, I'm at it again

Just booked tickets and hotels using points to get my kid off to school..

I love being a "Ninja Pilot"!

Had to actually pay for hotel in Laramie though (no chains).

Another great perk, always positive tickets and rooms. Cooool!!!!!

acaTerry said:
Thanks, I kinda found out that they don't go too far..
That's why the Hilton Amex card is not as good a deal as getting the miles on the company card. Unless of course you already have pass benefits on an airline and just need the points for hotels.

acaTerry said:
But doesn't the company card top out at 40,000 points? Not really too much you can do with that.
40,000 points = $40,000. You will never spend that on road expenses on your Hilton Amex card. The difference is your airline tix are purchased on your company card, if you have it = many more points.

If you want to convert Hilton points to airline miles, you're shortchanging yourself. You get about 5 points per dollar spent on the Hilton card, but it costs 10 points per airline mile. So the Hilton points are twice as expensive as company card points, and you won't rack up as many dollars worth. This is why the Amex card is only worthwhile if you don't need airline miles.

I've got less than three years to retirement at AA (age 50 while on furlough) so I get passes and paltry medical (once I turn 100... :rolleyes: ).

I've also got platinum status at Marriott with 250,000 points and climbing. :D TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back