• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This must be very frustrating for the folks that paid their dues for years and got on with NJA with the idea they had finally found a permanent home. This should teach all of us that this career is and will always be precarious at best. I suppose a realistic person would choose a different vocation, especially if trying to support a family. I was raised by a professional pilot and would have thought I could have raised my family the same way, but I'm not so sure. Good luck to all.

You are very correct in your statement: "This should teach all of us that this career is and will always be precarious at best."

How about getting the dream job with Delta 30+ years ago, and living the life of no furloughs, minor stagnations, no pay cuts, and then having your pension zeroed out after 25 years of service?

You are very correct in your statement: "This should teach all of us that this career is and will always be precarious at best."

How about getting the dream job with Delta 30+ years ago, and living the life of no furloughs, minor stagnations, no pay cuts, and then having your pension zeroed out after 25 years of service?

You're joking, right? Comparing a guy that had good timing and has been sitting the left seat for the last ~23 years making great coin the vast majority of the time to a guy that came from a regional and finally "made it" at NetJets is ridiculous. The Dela guy lost a lot of money, but he's been making a ton too for a long time. The NJA guy probably made OK money at the regional he came from and now will make next to nothing....if he can find a job in this market.

I feel bad for the Delta guy, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. How about all the guys jr. to him that now have to wait another 5 years because he's not going to retire at 60, like EVERYONE expected him to?

You're joking, right? Comparing a guy that had good timing and has been sitting the left seat for the last ~23 years making great coin the vast majority of the time to a guy that came from a regional and finally "made it" at NetJets is ridiculous. The Dela guy lost a lot of money, but he's been making a ton too for a long time. The NJA guy probably made OK money at the regional he came from and now will make next to nothing....if he can find a job in this market.

I feel bad for the Delta guy, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. How about all the guys jr. to him that now have to wait another 5 years because he's not going to retire at 60, like EVERYONE expected him to?

Sorry Maniac, my comment was about the statement: ""This should teach all of us that this career is and will always be precarious at best."

Yes it is precarious for ALL OF US - in many different ways.

Except that taxes are guaranteed.

Latest resources

Back