• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA furloughed pilots can work NJ China

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't actually commenting on the merits of the LOA.

I was commenting on the fact that the same nattering nabobs of negativity would have ripped the EBoard EITHER WAY. The fact that the usual suspects were repudiated, AGAIN, this past Monday is totally lost on them. They DEMAND "unity" and "leverage" and then do EVERYTHING they can to stir up old divisions, petty jealousy, and bitterness within the group. Kind of reminds me of the race hustlers actually.

As to the LOA itself, I think, on balance, it was a win for the pilot group, especially the furloughed pilots. I get the "philosophical objections" to negotiating ANY LOA during Section 6. But the idea that we somehow lost some "leverage" here is, I think, a reach.

+1

Make no mistake, the Company is aware of the dysfunction that group is causing and will try to exploit it. They have no reasonable end game other than chaos. The former leader is pretty well known for trying to change things where he wants and when he can't he tries to destroy it. He and all of his cronies are now ousted with support probably about 273 pilots or about 10%.

The EBoard was smart on the LOA. NJASAP has zero leverage on that LOA and it matters not to the Company if NJA pilots fly in China - there will be plenty of super qualified non-NJA pilots that will apply. In the big bargaining picture it changes nothing since the LOA wont apply to 99.9% of current NJA pilots.

Any details about the China operation? When will it start up? I have a buddy who is a Netjets furloughee who could be interested...

Any details about the China operation? When will it start up? I have a buddy who is a Netjets furloughee who could be interested...

Handful of pilots this year.
50-100 next year.
Under age 59
500 hours PIC jet - verifiable
PIC check on a jet in which you are rated within the past 12 months -verifiable
Able to pass China air law exam and tough medical
3 year committment

Those are the high points.

The country responsible for every disease / virus on the face of the earth.

You would have to burn your clothes if you ever traveled anywhere that didn't smell like a billion pounds of rotting cabbage.

What an awesome opportunity!

Don't you think if a large number of active pilots left for China, that would in fact accelerate recalls? :rolleyes:

It sounds like it should, but my question would be why would NJA management voluntarily allow themselves to become short staffed on the NJA side? That will involve many additional training events, loss of Captains etc... NJA hasn't had an upgrade in probably 5+ years. I don't see that changing anytime soon for the sake If China.

There are plenty of non NJA pilots in the country who are looking for decent work. Surely if NJA management needed to fill seats they could any number of ways.

I'm skeptical that NJA is that close to a recall. Close but not that close... I'm going on the ever famous number of a/c dilemma... Back in '07 the staffing ratio was the same as it is now, and they were much busier back then.... I Really don't think the operation is in that dire of a situation just yet......still down 100 a/c

Latest resources

Back