• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Cockpit Culture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best investment I've ever made - the pioneer inno portable xm radio. Throw it up on the dash out of sight, plug it into my headset music input and put it on a commerical free music station. Low volume, in the backround, never miss a radio call. Much better than an ipod because your not listening to the same songs over and over, but it does have 1GB of memory to store some of your own songs and record off of XM. You can also stay connected with whats going on in the world by listening to CNN or Fox news, ESPN, and other talk shows, but I find it's pretty hard to concentrate and listen to a talk show. Music stays in the backround and is much easier to concentrate with, but still only use it in cruise. Battery lasts about 7 hours and recharge at the hotel at night. Sirrius has a portable unit too, but Stern sucks, Opie and Anthony rule!

Most of the guys I fly with have their own Bose QC2 headsets and bring along their MP3 player. Personally, I have an iPhone. I have about 2000 songs on it and about 6 or 7 movies. It's great because you can listen to music while doing other, flight related, things. On long trips, a movie passes the time really well.

If you don't have an iPhone, I recommend looking into an Apple iPod Touch. It's the newest iPod out and it plays songs and movies and also has WIFI internet access. I bought my wife one for Christmas and she can't put it down.

If you have the Bose QC2, it hooks right into the UFLYMIKE jack and works great.

That's what I do anyways.

What do we talk about? Has it ever changed?

The three "B"'s

Broads, booze and barbeque.

Same way back in the dark ages, I suspect.

Hung

Something quite novel; fly the airplane and manage the flight.

There is always ONE! There is one guy in recurrent that always has the "what if questions" and there is always ONE on flightinfo that is holyier (sp?) than thou.

I don't have nearly the amount of time as yourself, but I can read a paper and feel with my arse and hear with my ears when something is not right with the airplane. I simply look up to see. I actually monitor the aircraft far more reading a paper than not because I am accutely aware that I am reading a paper and not staring out the window.

Latest resources

Back