Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paulsalem

For those of you who work at NJA:

What do you guys do upfront to stay entertained. I've heard you fly with the door open, so you can't really read.

Something quite novel; fly the airplane and manage the flight.

Most of us spend the time on the pax legs talking. Ferry legs are a bit more relaxed, but they tend not to be very long. I've seen some people close the curtain and read, but that is not common. My guess is that the flight attendant aircraft have a fair amount of reading in the cockpit, but that is just a guess since I'm not on any of those.

What to do?

It really depends on what type of flight duration is planned.

Short hop from KHPN-KTEB? No time to do much but fly.

Longer flight from KTEB-KOKC? Fly for a few hours, get up and go to the lav after 3 hours or so. Talk to the Owners for a while if receptive. Other pilot repeats.

Longer still from KTEB-KSMO? Fly for a few hours, get up and use the lav after 3 hours or so. Talk to the Owners if receptive. Other pilot repeats. Both crew repeats every hour or so until 1 hour out.

Int'l Ops over 6 hours? The "I spy with my little eye" game helps a ton.

There is usually plenty to keep us busy on board.

I think this is a very good question. For those of us who have only flown 121, the USA Today is standard procedure. I know I have wondered the same thing myself. What do you guys do? Talk? Stare? And no need to be defensive, no one is making jabs. Just simply curious. Some FO's I could spend an entire 4 day chatting with, but not the majority. Can you guys sneek in a small paper back book during pax legs?

Latest resources

Back