• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comgrats man!

I told you you were in man! Congrats.

Wow, even got DAL before IOE!

I'm flying the U-boat in the sandbox, 125 days to go, then back to NJA.

NJW, Your hubby sent me some good news this morning. It made my day! PLuuuuussss..... I'm in a marriot in a muslim country with my own private shower!!!!

And beer!!!!!!!!!! I will hoist one for VV this evening and also to all my NJA buds!

Take care, Semore

I truely hope everyone else is as fortunate as I am in their career goals at NJA or where they may want to end up at.

NJW, thanks for the card.

Semore, thanks! Enjoy the beer & fly safe over there!!

Btw, just for fun, I'm still trying to hit 5000 Navy flight hours; only 32 more hours to go....

VVJM265
:beer:

Semore, my husband told me last night that he had finally achieved the result he wanted for those in your position. I was happy to hear it. He didn't discuss the details just that he got what he wanted for you. I'll tell him your pleased...:) Good timing on the news and the beer arriving together, huh? Congratulations!

VVJM, yours is another happy ending that I was glad to note. Good Luck on reaching your target and enjoy those final days. Do Navy pilots get a "fini flight"? If so, will your squadron mates hose you down with a fire extinguisher? Enjoy your well deserved party!

Thanks for the interest, RNO. The holidays are difficult for me because it is the anniversary of a crime that rocked my family. I've been talking to a Senator and a lawyer--making progress in my personal battle for justice. My father died Dec 18th--without seeing justice for the murder of my brother. Needless to say, I've been busy with my family. Thanks to the NJ pilots and members of management that expressed their sympathy.

Good luck to the pilots fighting what feels like an uphill battle. Don't give up your cause. It takes longer when the other side doesn't want to do the right thing. That observation holds true for individual fights and those that affect a large group. It also explains my relentless (to some) wish to offer encouragement. Thanks to those who likewise have offered words of cheer to me as I fight for justice.

To those pilots who trust management to do right by them, I say this--my family thought we could trust the Sheriff's Dept. Well we all have heard the phrase "sloppy police work." Another one that surely exists is "corporate greed". Don't tell me that both aren't out there because I've seen it--personally. The good news is that it is possible to fight back, and some battles can be won. Good luck to those in the fight! NJW

Well I finally “closed the deal” yesterday! After a long, and expensive, summer interviewing with CX & SWA, I ended up at my first choice anyway. :) NJA, H400, Mar 5th, CMH.

:beer:

Just curious, what turned you off from SWA? I still haven't got the call :(

don't know of any airline furloughs that have travel benefits.

US Airways furloughed pilots have non-rev benefits. Catch is you have to pay imputed income tax based on 10% of the cost of a full fare ticket. So if the ticket is $1000 it's treated as $100 of income that is reported to the IRS if you go over $600 worth during the year. So commuting to a job could get expensive at tax time.

AirBear

Just curious, what turned you off from SWA? I still haven't got the call :(

A "No Thank You" letter from both CX & SWA. But NJA truely was my first choice for a number of reasons:

- predictable work schedule;
- easy commute to DAL w/i TX (a number of factors go into this one for me including controlability, frequency, crash pad requirements, or lack of, etc);
- good or better 1st year pay when compared to other companies;
- 50% match on the 401K;
- foreseable security and growth of the company;
- full medical and dental (not as big an issue since I'll have Tricare for the medical sideas a military retire, but will need better denatal in a few years (braces) than the Tricare Retirement Dental plan);
- much more interesting flying with the potential to do some more international flying;
- no retirement age;
- no need to drop $8K for a type rating

So like I said earlier - happy as a clam I got my first choice in the end after all.

Best of luck to those still interviewing!

Latest resources

Back