Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kman

MR O
NJA and BBJ Long Term growth, orders, and options?

Guys just wondering as far as the bbj, How many airplanes? Deliveries this year? Trips? what are the bbj guys approx date of hires, Growth as far as the bbj? How is the staffing? Im hoping to make nja my last stop, and insight would be great.

K

Last edited:
kman said:
Guys just wondering as far as the bbj, How many airplanes? Deliveries this year? Trips? what are the bbj guys approx date of hires, Growth as far as the bbj? How is the staffing? Im hoping to make nja my last stop, and insight would be great.

K
Probably should not even be responding to this post but I doubt that any newhires would ever get to fly a BBJ, much less see the inside of one. On the the other hand if yoy hung around for a zillion years, anything is possible.

Good luck regardless!

I would have thought there would have been a dozen sarcastic posts by now. As I recall the initial pilots at NJA that were assigned to the BBJ were a handful of guys with experience in the Boeing, but not in their correct seniority bracket. Over time these pilots would be replaced by pilots based upon their seniority and their ability to hold the airplane, while those previously on the airplane would revert back to what their seniority could really hold.

I don't know that the BBJ has been a huge sucess at NJA and I believe they have sold off one or more of these aircraft. There has got to be someone here with the correct story.

there are a couple of bbj pilots that cruise this board. I'm pretty sure one of them is on a trip.

down to three birds - one of those based in singapore indefinitely as of mid-jan (operating for a client). this leaves only two here at home.

rumors abound, but as usual no word from mgt. some of the rumors: miami air -800 but it had a tail-strike, lease a/c 191 that we just sold to a guy in russia, lease a couple of -7/800's with 50 seats for charters - but we don't have a 121 yet and there aren't any ng's avail - supposedly may/june time frame for 121. they've even put out 757 rumors as they're cheaper to buy now (no 737-ng's available) but cost a little more to operate.

as for a new-hire getting a slot - highly unlikely. we will probably lose a couple f/o's due to the new contract pay grades. however, there will first be an inside bid before it's offered to new-hires.

the guys you're referring to that had "experience in the Boeing" are gone - over a year now. wasn't such a great program as njla (or whatever it was called back then) didnt do any mental eval or sim ride and the interview was a joke. just the profile and sim would have knocked 75% of those guys out.

so basically it's stagnant right now. many of us don't see the program lasting the next year at this rate. actual bbj booked trips might be 10% of the total trips. we do mostly fill-ins for other fleets when a plane breaks, or like over the holidays when we're real busy filling in there, too. flew three occupied legs this past 7 days - 1 one was a bbj trip and the other two were free upgrades when a falcon and gulstream weren't available.

bizjet737 said:
actual bbj booked trips might be 10% of the total trips. we do mostly fill-ins for other fleets when a plane breaks, or like over the holidays when we're real busy filling in there, too. flew three occupied legs this past 7 days - 1 one was a bbj trip and the other two were free upgrades when a falcon and gulstream weren't available.

And how is NJA making money "hand-over-fist" again? That's amazing.

miles otoole said:
And how is NJA making money "hand-over-fist" again? That's amazing.

The BBJ is an oddity at NJA. That plan didn't really work. There may be a market for the BBJ but not sure about as a fractional.
How are we making money? Well, I just got an email from managment that stated that over two days, Dec. 26 and 27 we flew almost 1200 revenue legs. Seems like a money maker to me.

hydrarkt said:
Well, I just got an email from managment that stated that over two days, Dec. 26 and 27 we flew almost 1200 revenue legs. Seems like a money maker to me.

1000 just into ASE and EGE alone... ;) TC

What about flying BBJs for others besides NJA? There are more than 80 BBJs out there and most of them are on US N- register or "US based" offshore registers accepting/requiring FAA pilots.

Latest resources

Back