NJA Aircraft Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EGLFO4LIFE

For anyone who has recently been through initial training at NJA, how intensive is the aircraft training portion? I did my my type over two months back and I am sure proficiency has slipped since that time.

Not intense. A couple of classroom days- at least look over your memory items or you will feel like an ass when you are asked and don't know. One day for preflight and one day for a flight- easy stuff and not a check ride.

Good. I'm feeling a bit rusty at this point. I guess I'll just review the systems and get those memory items back in my head. Thanks.

Maybe I could have gone there for advice, but then I would have to read through all the hate and discontent. I spent six years living in hate and discontent at Eagle. I'm trying to avoid that stuff as long as I can. Also, there are many people reading through these thinking about going to NJA who may be interested to know how the training process works, and those who have recently been that may be able to provide some insight. Thanks for your advice. Maybe I'll check over there too.

EGLFO4LIFE said:
Maybe I could have gone there for advice,...I'm trying to avoid that stuff as long as I can.
I hate to tell you but there is far more H & D on this board than our company board. Keep in mind that there is more to our site than the message board.

You should definitely go ask this on the union board, especially look for a member of the training committee. Just a hint, but there are big changes in the offing for the aircraft training program though you'll probably get through training before they become effective.

The current aircraft training program has been changed from when I went through it at the beginning of 2005. As others have said, it's more of an introduction to the aircraft than it is a checkride.

Point taken. I was actually really impressed with the overall site. It is much more informative than anything ALPA ever put forward. I need to remember that this is not ALPA. I just signed up for the message board over there, so I'll check it out. Thanks.

EGLFO4LIFE said:
Point taken. I was actually really impressed with the overall site. It is much more informative than anything ALPA ever put forward. I need to remember that this is not ALPA. I just signed up for the message board over there, so I'll check it out. Thanks.

EGLFO4LIFE,

Don't feel too bad, I came over to NJA from Eagle as well. It takes a little getting use to here as far as not having the hate and discontent. Once you get outside of Eagle you will see that people really are happy in this world, even the people flying airplanes for a living! As far as 1108 versus ALPA, the 1108 has their game together and has tremendous individuals at the helm. It won't take you long to completely elliminate the horrific memories of ALPA. Good luck in a/c training, you will enjoy it.

EglFO,

I feel your pain. I just finished the Citation X type course at FSI in CMH, and I spoke with the flight training bubbas today concerning the wait for aircraft training. The nice young lady there told me that I could expect to wait until at least the end of July before I would be called for that training. She also mentioned that the wait for IOE would also be substantial.....evidently there are many instructors that are taking vacation in July, coupled with the fact that they are just plain swamped with new FOs waiting for training.

Looks like I'm getting an unplanned summer vacation! Take care EglFO, and enjoy your time off.

Arch

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back