Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

White Feather

Semper Fidelis
I am debating applying with Netjets. I am a corporate pilot with 5000 hrs. - with F2000 and XL Captain experience. Pretty much all of my experience is pt91.

Every NJA pilot I've run into in the last year or so seems pretty happy. There are several reasons why I want to go to NetJets, including living where I want, and a more stable schedule.

My only question is whether I can get by on FO pay. I have more research to do and more questions to ask, but I was wondering if any of you guys were long time corporate before going to NJA - and what do you like most about it?

Is first year FO pay accurate on the web site? Is it still split by aircraft weighing < or > than 40,000lbs.?

Thanks!

I am debating applying with Netjets....

The backlog is huge. If you're seriously considering it, I'd go ahead and apply now. Don't wait.

My only question is whether I can get by on FO pay.
Obviously only you can answer that. You should factor in the cost of medical insurance premiums that you may be paying now, but which you won't pay when you're employed here. That's a savings of about $6000 annually for me compared to what we'd pay through my wife's company, for coverage that's not quite as good as what NetJets provides. (And, perversely, she works for an insurance company...)

And while I wouldn't include it in any income calculations, you can expect to take home more than half your per-diem, since we're provided crew meals on days we're working, and most of our hotels include breakfast if the timing's right. I can usually count the number of meals I buy on a tour on one hand. Late show tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a hot lunch at a restaurant, actually. ;)

Is first year FO pay accurate on the web site? Is it still split by aircraft weighing < or > than 40,000lbs.?
Yes and yes. You may find the numbers on Airlinepilotcentral.com easier to read. Odds of getting a >40K airplane as a newhire are slim to none, so plan on the <40K payscale ("Base Aircraft" on the link I just gave) when running the numbers. Plan on maybe 5-10% above that for overtime (long days or early first-day starts), extended days (over $900 a shot if they don't get you home by midnight on the last day), and working on any of the 10 designated holidays (which will pay about $460 extra each holiday you work).

I'd also base your calculations on the 7/7 schedule, to be conservative. You'll likely get the 18-day schedule if you want it, but it's a lot of work. And the 15-day schedule requires lots of flexibility, and is limited to 10% of each seat in each fleet, so you might not get that if you want it. (Probably, but not certainly.) 7/7 is the normal schedule and the base pay, so use that in your estimates.

Good luck!

CA1900 pretty much answered your questions. I'd just second his advice that you not consider the pay for the planes over 40,000 gross weight, which is the Falcon 2000EX EASy right now. With the long wait to upgrade and the extra pay, I honestly couldn't see a new-hire getting one of those slots.

I also strongly encourage you to start the application process immediately if you are interested in NJA. There is quite a backlog of applicants right now.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Plan on the app process from app in (if you know someone there) to getting a job there (if you pass the interview) to be at least 6 months. Probably more.

Sorry for a change of topic. I'm trying to get familiar with the Part 135 side of things:

What is the Part 135 weather minimum for an airport to qualify as an alternate? (E.g. Part 91 is 600 and 2 (ILS) and 800-2 (Non-Pre) Is it based on the 1 nav-aid/ 2nav-aid rule?

If the ceiling (but not visibility) is reported below min outside the FAF while the flight is under 135, can the app continue? What about under Part 91K? (e.g. OK under 121)

Thanks

If you have a question start a new thread don't hijack one.

Suggested reading: FAR/AIM! 2008!!!!!!

I promise its all there.

Latest resources

Back