NJA Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I was taught takeoff alternates:

Part 121=engine out. Part 91(K) and Part 135=all engines operating.

My part 121 experience still hanging on.
No engine out for 91 and 135.
My bad. Still learning.
The rest is correct.

NJA guys FOM 2-82 or 2.7.7

Rock on. Fly Safe:)

Does that mean under 135, the pilot must have the ceiling and the visibility to start an approach? It would be greatly appreciated if someone can check the NJ FOM. I think other potential interviewees would appreciate this, thanks.

NJA FOM 2.7.2 (1)(a) Straight-in minima (all flights)

...."a ceiling is not required for release of a flight, or to initiate a straight-in IAP, at the destination airport. The RVR or visibility minimum (only) is controlling."

Also an interesting tidbit:

91 and 91k flights can shoot the approach to mins even if reported visibility (not RVR!) is below mins, at the discretion of the PIC.

I would not mention this being a good idea in the interview...especially if 91k. Many of our owners are disturbed by bad wx and missed approaches and there are usually safer/more customer friendly alternatives.

Just completed first week and NOWHERE compares to this place. It gets better and better everyday.

I am glad I am here.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info.

As for the interview prep, I have subscribed to aviationinterviews.com. It is worth the $14 if nothing but to take the guess work out of the prep. I found another site (mypilotcareer.com) that pretty much covers 90% of the stuff on aviationinterview, and its free.

Thank you for the info.

As for the interview prep, I have subscribed to aviationinterviews.com. It is worth the $14 if nothing but to take the guess work out of the prep. I found another site (mypilotcareer.com) that pretty much covers 90% of the stuff on aviationinterview, and its free.

Good stuff! Thanks everybody!

Latest resources

Back