NJA 250 Hr Instrument Requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brokeflyer said:
Why were you applying if you didnt meet the mins?

I applied after asking many people if it mattered...including people on this board. I even had my stuff walked in by a CA there, but oh well. Try, try again I suppose.

Yeah a few months ago i posted that it was hard and fast but people adimatley disagreed with me so i shut up. Sorry about your luck and hope things work out for you soon

TK855....guess you were wrong after all

Last edited:
I’m not trying to sound like a cold-hearted insensible guy, but…

Minimums are minimums, and that’s it. NetJets is not an entry level job for pilots. In my opinion, the company wants to attract qualified and experienced pilots who will make a career here.

I had over a thousand hours in Barons and 421’s flying freight on the East Coast at night (the most demanding flying I’ve ever done). Southwest could have cared less, 1000 hours turbine PIC or don’t apply. I never applied.

Like someone else said, instrument time includes actual and simulated. So include the time that you were under a hood or in a simulator.

I agree with Wolf. Either meet the mins or don't bother applying. NJ is not a job where you know a buddy and they can get you in under the mins. They have contracts with the owners that say pilots will meet or exceed the above requirements.

Right now there are just too many applicants that far exceed the time required for nj. They have the cream of the crop to choose from.

Build the time and then apply.

Diesil....I'd agree with what you said with one exception.....Build QUALITY time before applying.

As much as this may pain me to say....Wolf and I (and yourself) have similar flight experience as far as flying single pilot in the NorthEast.

I also flew over 5000 hours for a commuter without a flight director, autopilot and Loran and GPS and the furtherst south I went was ACY. Quebec in the winter is no fun....make PQI look like PBI.

2500 hours total time where most was spent flight instructing and then a bit in the right seat of an RJ isn't the same as 2500 single pilot in a King Air, Baron or 400 series Cessna.

I've spent the past 3 tours dealing with these ISSUES.

Yes quality flying is important. Many pilots are suprised at how much we work, how many times things change, and how you really are alone thinking on your feet out there. That is what I love and why I keep working here.

Amazingly the guys who do the best at NJ are freight pilots, charter pilots, and a crappy regional company. They are all used to change, thinking on their feet, and knowing just how to think outside of the box.

At least in the X we have an apu. In the 400xp and Ultra/encore you are truely out there on your own. It's a great experience.

I would enjoy getting on with NJA later this year, I wanted to last year but didnt have that 250 IFR. I just had not logged as much of it as I probably could at times.

Now I am flying a PIC on a 2 crew turboprop, and I should have that 250 IFR quite soon

I have plenty of time and various experiences, just so you all know. What did it hurt for me to send them a resume and see what would happen? Why did they send me an application when they could read that I did not have the 250 hrs instrument time? I'll have the 250 real soon and will try again. Just so you wise guys know, I'm not some 4,500 hr guy that's been out bouncing around in seminoles and so forth.

DO-82 driver said:
Diesil....I'd agree with what you said with one exception.....Build QUALITY time before applying.

I've spent the past 3 tours dealing with these ISSUES.

You must be getting stuck flying with all the retired Delta guys! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back