• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I hope so also. They have recieved my stuff now all I have to do is WAIT !! I am sure that won't be hard for the next few months HA HA

Oh well that will give me time to study up on the 135/91 regs.

Oh well that will give me time to study up on the 135/91 regs.

Know thy oxygen requirements well. It seems to be a favorite topic during most interviews.

For what it's worth, I heard in recurrent earlier this month that the interview process is likely to change in the near future. I believe there will be not only union involvement in the process but also that the tech and HR portions will be separate insted of concurrent. There's also talk about doing "more stuff" on the first day of the process but I didn't hear what "more stuff" might be.

Keep an eye on the gouge sites and around here. It should be worth your while.

I haven't even thought of that yet. I will have to go to aviation interviews and see what everyone has been going through. I didn't even know it was a two day process !!!

I sent the email resume and got the application packet about 4 days later.....that was quick! And this is after the rumor of no more apps being accepted.....

I sent the email resume and got the application packet about 4 days later.....that was quick! And this is after the rumor of no more apps being accepted.....

The rumor of "no more apps being sent" turned out to be incorrect. Even I fell into the trap of believing it and made an incorrect post on another thread. The good news is that they are continuing to send out apps. Anticipating hiring for 2008, at this time, is 300-350 pilots. The interview process can require some patience -- in the meantime, you would do well to research the interview websites and prepare for the interview.

Maybe the best thing to consider is which one gets you on the seniority list the quickest.

I would have to agree with Guitar Guy on this piece of advice. Take the earliest class date possible, if able....unless you really have your mind set on one particular type of aircraft. Accepting a class date that is, say, one month later than the first one offered can potentially amount to a 6-month (or more) delay in upgrading down the road. It all depends on how big the classes are.

If given a job offer, I would also recommend telling the NJA that you would be willing to accept a class on short-notice, should they have a last minute cancellation (which occasionally happens).

What is the difference flying the XL/XLS ? I saw that pay will not be incrased while flying them if the new contract passes. Are those bad aircraft to fly? Why is there extra pay for them? sorry for all the questions. I am still trying to learn about the corporate aircraft world.

What is the difference flying the XL/XLS ?

Well, the altitude selector knob is moved about 18 inches to the left on the XLS. You use a joystick instead of buttons to set up the takeoff speeds. And you can run the APU air on a "low" setting that's not so noisy. The brakes are not as super-sensitive. And that's about it. :rolleyes: Oh, the screens are a little bigger.

Yeah, it's technically a different model, and being qualified in two models commands a pay override in our current contract. That override will go away if the tentative agreement passes in favor of overall increases for everyone. I'm fine with that.

Functionally, the airplanes are identical. The XLS is basically just the current version of the Excel line. The different model name is more marketing than anything else.

The upcoming XLS+ model, on the other hand, will be substantially different in the cockpit. It'll have a completely different avionics suite from Collins, versus the Honeywell stuff in the current Excels. Those differences are significant enough that it will be operated as a completely separate fleet, just as we do with the Collins-based and Honeywell-based Hawker 800XPs.

Well I guess things are looking up. I recieved the information packet with all the paperwork to fill out. I will try to do that as fast as I can. Then I am sure the long waiting game will begin for a interview !!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back