nj newhire question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

206amphib

I'm happy to say that I'll be in class on mar17th. I have a few not so important ?s...

1) paychecks - direct deposit?
2) what do most do for headsets? I'll be on the X.
3) a little strange...I fly right now for a few 135 ops and most don't have xm weather, so I carry a garmin handheld with xm...would that be a big no-no?

Thanks!

Paychecks are direct deposit.

There are headsets that stay in the plane if you want to use them. I personally find them disgusting, and only touch them with a Sani-com wipe.

I use a Bose QC2/ UFlyMike setup. It is $499 and worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.

Paychecks are direct deposit.

There are headsets that stay in the plane if you want to use them. I personally find them disgusting, and only touch them with a Sani-com wipe.

I use a Bose QC2/ UFlyMike setup. It is $499 and worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.

I know some 121 guys using the qc2...but now the feds are giving them trouble (so they say) because thats not a TSO'd headset...you guys had that come up? I already have telex anr, i'll just use that....

Until I flew with XM weather...i didn't know what I was missing....it's an amazing tool. Many say that it will have as big an affect on aviation as GPS did when it came around. I just use it as another tool to help see the big picture...clearly flying jets we are usually above the weather...but it's nice to be able to see nexrad for the area you are flying into just like you're looking at the wsi computer in the fbo.....

I know some 121 guys using the qc2...but now the feds are giving them trouble (so they say) because thats not a TSO'd headset...you guys had that come up? I already have telex anr, i'll just use that....

Mike from UFlyMike has taken care of that. The mike has passed all of the FAA's tests in order to be TSOed. That was a huge slap in the face to Bose... Fck them!

NJA has no problems with us using the QC2s. Most of the guys I fly with have a set. Including me!

Until I flew with XM weather...i didn't know what I was missing....it's an amazing tool. Many say that it will have as big an affect on aviation as GPS did when it came around. I just use it as another tool to help see the big picture...clearly flying jets we are usually above the weather...but it's nice to be able to see nexrad for the area you are flying into just like you're looking at the wsi computer in the fbo.....

You dont want to see the big picture. It might scare you. I check the FBOs weather computer for t-storms, then off we go.

For the record: Until a year ago, the Citation X and the DA 2000 had wx download capability. Due to provider issues it was discontinued. The planes are capable (overhead screens) and hopefully we will have a new provider in the future. We really miss that feature.

Frankly, the cockpit is cramped enough without bringing in a handheld GPS. I'd nix the GPS idea.

Latest resources

Back