• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, we have heard for years on here that Nike is a "screwy operation." Can anybody give any examples? Anything? Just curious because one would assume it would be a great outfit to work for, but there's usually negative info about them on here. Thanks.

You getting the feeling that people don't usually discuss pending aircraft deals or other confidential info on pilot message boards?....

It's really a good way to lose your job or at least get a reputation.

Keep in mind 99% of the "in the know" stuff you read on these boards is usually pretty far from accurate.

Send them a resume, try and talk with them, find out yourself. Anything else may be taken as intrusive and/or annoying.

Good Luck!
Couldn't agree with you anymore.
Plus, if you did hear they were hiring, why would you go onto a public forum and bring even more attention to a possible job opening. Way to create even more competition for yourself.

Well I'm nothing if not intrusive and/or annoying, so here I go!!
Oh, you're something. Let's just say you're still not going to be a Nike pilot.
Last I heard they had passed on the G650... they were looking for a local shop to refit the Concorde with full EFIS, stripper poles, shag carpet and neon lighting.
The neon lighting, was that inside the plane, or the wheel wells like these little ricer cars high school kids drive around?

Yep. And it's a pretty screwy outfit, too. Screwier than you'd think a big-budget long-term flight department would be.
Every major flight department is rumored to be screwy, usually those rumors are started by guys who are jealous they can't get a job there.
Nike's still based at Hillsboro, and I think they have had their own hangar for years. Maybe they get their fuel from an FBO. Don't know if they have their own fuel farm or not.

They have their own fuel farm and ops agents. They're all Asian kids ranging from 5-8yrs old.

Sitting in MDW about 2 years ago Jordan walked in, shook everyones hand, kissed the babies and jumped on N1KE. BTW, the pilots wore Jordan warmups. Head to toe. Guess if you have to be in the front for 7hrs you should dress comfortably right?

Sitting in MDW about 2 years ago Jordan walked in, shook everyones hand, kissed the babies and jumped on N1KE. BTW, the pilots wore Jordan warmups. Head to toe. Guess if you have to be in the front for 7hrs you should dress comfortably right?

Guess that counts me out for that job. Brooks shoes, Adidas gear. :(

TC

Saw N1KE in Tokyo Haneda last month, took my Indian FO a while to figure out the owner of the gulfstream though.... he is a little slow!

Latest resources

Back