• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dizel8

Douglas metal
WTF????

[SIZE=+2]Nike Gulfstream V corporate jet[/SIZE]
Class action lawsuit
For five hours, when a Nike Inc. corporate jet carrying 7 people developed landing gear problems shortly after takeoff, the passengers were in imminent danger.

The right main landing gear on the chartered jet became stuck shortly after the plane took off from Hillsboro airport, bound for Toronto. Allen Kenitzer, an FAA spokesman, said the plane crew was trying to correct the landing gear problem by consulting the Gulfstream company. The crew was also taking steps to burn off fuel.

While the left and front wheels had been lowered, the right side of the landing gear appeared stuck inside the jet's body. The aircraft eventually landed in Hillsboro, near Portland, Ore., hours later, after killing time in the air and burning off fuel.

A Nike official says Nike President and CEO William Perez was on board. Passengers included 3 senior executives, a 4th Nike employee and three crew members.

If you were a passenger, or are a family member of a passenger, please contact us,

http://www.nikeclassaction.com/

Last edited:
Looks like the real deal. If you search for Glyn Hotz on google he shows up as a Canadian lawyer with other class action lawsuits. Ah...the leeches of society out to make a buck while making everything more expensive and painful for us in the process... reminds me of the NetFlix class action where the lawyers got millions and the customers ended up with a worse deal than before the lawsuit.

Use caution what you say about folks, especially those that have a working knowledge of how to sue. Over at avweb.com, some folks got vocal, and a well known aviation attorney sued the website and the folks that called him names. It settled out of court, but I hear that the lawyer made out well.

Webster dictionary definition of Leech: (number 3...) a hanger-on who seeks advantage or gain.

I'll be careful what I say...but I won't be scared into silence by the fear of someone suing me because they don't like what I say. I'm not yelling fire in a crowded building. I'm just stating my opinion that I think some ..if not most..class action lawsuits are a way for lawyers to make money and do little for the people who are actually involved. This is a good example. The company hires the pilots and buys the airplanes they do so that when a situation like this does arise it is handled and the employees of Nike are safely brought back to Earth. The pilots and Gulfstream did a great job from everything I've seen and heard. The passengers and company are probably thrilled about the performance of the crew... but here is someone...a hanger-on... trying for advantage or gain.

I'm curious what was said on the other website that brought about a lawsuit. I would assume it would go something beyond calling someone a hanger-on trying for advatage or gain...

...and in no way am I trying to pick a fight. Your point is well taken and worth bring up. However, I do think that the U.S. has gone off the deep end with the number of lawsuits out there with people suing for anything and everything. This could be a great example of that.

Good luck getting anyone to participate in this class action. Being it was a corporate flight, and all on board were probably higher-up's in the company to begin with. It'd be career suicide if anyone tried to take advantage of this. Same with family members.

As the previous poster said, all this garbage does it cause the price of aviation to climb higher and higher. Just think a new Gulfstream's will probably cost $56 million nows, rather then $55 million!! :p

Besides, using the argument he used, we should all be entitled to a class action suit then. Last I checked I was in immenent danger everytime those wheels lifted off the ground to go flying. That's part of the risk you take in this business. Some days the cards fall in your directions, somedays they don't. Your not entitled to anything because you were put in danger.

User997 said:
Besides, using the argument he used, we should all be entitled to a class action suit then. Last I checked I was in immenent danger everytime those wheels lifted off the ground to go flying. That's part of the risk you take in this business. Some days the cards fall in your directions, somedays they don't. Your not entitled to anything because you were put in danger.

Exactly. I remember from the law classes I took in high school and college that there are something like 5 criteria that must be met in order to have grounds for a lawsuit. One of those criteria was that actual damages must have occurred. No bent metal = no grounds for a lawsuit in this case.

That said, if you were flying today I'm going to need to know exactly where you were as well as your real name and the N-number of the airplane you were flying. My lawyer will be in touch.

This looks like it might be an attempt in the direction of the "mental anguish" side of the lawsuits. Think about it, "Mr. So and so, while you were circling the airport for 5 hours going through 'unusual attitude' manuvers, how many times did you think about your not making it through this ordeal with your life? How many times did you think about your poor family not seeing you again? How much is this 'mental anguish' worth to you?

Please, lawyers make me sick!:puke:

X

Latest resources

Back