• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nightly News Tonight Dont Miss IT!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who knows? Maybe there are rich tech guys going to Raliegh for the day to sign a big deal....Maybe those same guys want that free upgrade and will continue to use AA for other routes--like JFK to LAX--maybe in First Class too.....You have to be able to offer it for your best customers. They are your bread and butter....

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

At the Delta gates in CVG, on the electronic 'bulletin board', there are always message ads promoting a last minute upgrade to First Class, for a price of $75.00 Now, that's probably a lot less than you'd pay if you actually booked FC ahead of time. But there are usually first class seats filled with non-revs, who would be sent back to coach when anyone of the paying public says, "sure, I'll give ya 75 bucks" I'd never pay the full load for a reservation in first class. Always take the good bet you'll be able to get it cheaper at the last moment.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying abolish First because nobody pays for it... I'm just saying that airlines shouldn't be banking on people paying the big bucks on it, especially for a short hop.

But yes, I agree that it's a nice loyalty tool for the frequent fliers.

If the economics of the CRJ 900 really aren't that much worse than the CRJ 700, maybe we'll see a whole lot more of the CRJ 705 to counter the EMB-170 until Bombardier can come up with something better.

Latest resources

Back