Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BOOYA

Just another ASAP form
What ALT can passengers fly part 91 and 135 (probably the same) I can't find it in the FAR's, if you know the answer, please post it. If you know the Ref # in The FAR's, please post it.

whats your question here? as high as you wanna go provided the got the right equipment

I believe 10000, not sure of the reg numbers though. when I was flying 135 charter and had drunk pax I'd climb to 10, it would help them sleep, but I always stopped at 10. I think there a O2 requirement or something

What is the question?

Above 15,000 O2 has to be made available to your passengers.

Above 14,000 required crew MUST be on O2

Above 12,500-14,000 required crew has to use O2 for the length of time at that ALT in excess of 30 min.

Not sure that what this has to do with an Nicotine fix. But hopefully this helps

Doh! Must have been tired.

What altitude and phase of flight are passengers allowed to smoke?

I'm unable to find it in the FAR's.

BOOYA said:
Doh! Must have been tired.

What altitude and phase of flight are passengers allowed to smoke?

I'm unable to find it in the FAR's.

Are you going on a long flight?

I was in the back of a Navajo at 17,500 and had a nicotine fit. Turned off the oxygen, took off the mask, and puffed away. Every so often I looked at my fingernails to see if they were turning blue. I got about 3/4 thru the cigarette and my lips started to tingle, so I snuffed the butt, and put the mask back on. I wasn't flying this trip, and had been through the altitude chamber at NASA, so I was aware of what would happen.

To answer your question, there is no reg for smoking. You can't regulate idiocy

Scenario . . .

You work for a fractional owership company and you have to brief passengers on smoking. Is there an altitude for lighting up? or can they smoke just after you fire up the turbines or after T/O?

Is it a long flight? For a die hard smoking, brushing your teeth could be considered a long time.

Is this addressed in your company manual/policies? That would take precedent over anything that anybody here guesses at.

Personally, no one smokes in my plane, but then I'm footing the bills.

From a practicallity point of view, to keep the smokers happy, I'd allow them to fire up when a return for landing has expired, ie, cruise climb established. Thats what we did back in the 70's/early 80's when it wasn't taboo to smoke.

Latest resources

Back