• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice work, PSA!!! (part one)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just put a yellow tag on it. My bag has several at all times.

Mine too, but if you've ever experienced the sluggish ground service at CLT, you'd understand why I don't want to wait 5-10 minutes for a bunch of unmotivated 7 dollar an hour people to amble over with equipment, slowly take the bags off and slowly amble over pushing the cart, then wait for the huddle of people scrambling for their bags to stop before I get mine.

If the plane is full, I prefer gate checking it. Going to Roanoke I gate check it because the ground ops guys there kick ass and 90 percent of the time the bags are ready when I get off.

And really its not that big of a deal, but the policies are not uniform.

So she prances around on some stupid reality show in a bikini and she now thinks she's Brooke Shields?? You know there has to be more to the story than what she's babbling on about. Maybe the little diva was pissed that no one could give a ******************** about her "celebrity" status?

I imagine too that PSA and Pinnacle have this policy because it's adding weight in the cargo. As many know about the wonderful ability of the -200 to need ballast with full pax (50) and a light amount of bags.

We had to boot 2 passengers the other day because Indianapolis had NO ballast to get our CG where it needed to be.

Last edited:
More from the wonderful world of the Regionals. FA at the regional level has got to be one of the worst jobs out there - you get what you pay for, or worse.

Seen too many psycho F/As (at all types of airlines) to blow off Miss Prissy's story.

My favorite FAs are the ones who, after a flight, regale us with stories about how they ever so confidently "put a medallion member in his place" by quoting the regs because he had the audacity to put his laptop in the seat back pocket, or some other violation of some ridiculous rule that most people do not generally know about.

Problem is that FAs have gotten so much percieved-authority since 9/11 that many of them, like any other weak-minded individual, tend to preemptively and liberally flex their muscle and assume the role of Stalin-of-the-Cabin, where any minor situation becomes a "security threat" and the TSA is involved. It turns what is supposed to be a customer service role (I know FAs are there for pax safety but on a day to day basis their job is to SERVE) into a policing role.

For Example: Just try and tell one of the many above-type FAs (usually found in the United States) that you don't appreciate their attitude, and see where that gets you. They will likely call the cockpit and tell the crew that they have an uncooperative passenger (totally misrepresenting the actual situation) and the end result will be what was once a loyal Medallion member being hauled off the plane and questioned by the TSA for interfering with flight crew duties.

Have read several examples of this type of situation occurring. I know for a fact we have flight attendants where I work with this sort of attitude. I flew with one recently who spent every bus ride of a trip (to and from the hotel) about her fantastic experiences on each leg.

I don't get paid enough to RIF that stuff.

Not all FAs are like this and I often do fly with great FAs who the pax usually thank sincerely as they leave the aircraft. These FAs should and often are recognized.

Last edited:
First, not everything in that carry on was priceless. Don't tell me you can't buy insurance on all those electronics. Next of this stuck up California type displayed his/her dependance on materialisim buy not wanting to part with items. Did they ever think they could have purchased a lock for some added security?

I've had stuff in my gate check they say to always take on the plane with you and guess what, other than handleing from the hold to the jetway, my bag and its contents haven't been touched.

It's time people started checing bags or be forced to hand them over at the jetway. They should be issued a grocery bag to place meds, small electronics and other such documents in.

Latest resources

Back