• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice video of an ILS down to mins...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That guy HAD to have been low on the glideslope.

I saw 4 red on the PAPI, and touching down before the aiming points? :eek:

That was way above minimims on the Visability.

I thought he was gonna land in the overrun

Way2Broke said:
That was way above minimims on the Visability.

How could you tell? I didnt see an altimeter to know when he was at, presumably 200', and then 100' for their respective requirements. Once near the runway things were good.

GravityHater said:
How could you tell? I didnt see an altimeter to know when he was at, presumably 200', and then 100' for their respective requirements. Once near the runway things were good.

Because RVR is measured from the ground not the Air. Once he touches down you can see almost to the end of the runway. Also, I agree that they were low on the glideslope.

Besides that I fly in and out of ACK (Nantucket) and trust me when I say I know what 1800 RVR looks like. We invented fog up here. I don't know what the mins on the apporach are but that was not 1800 RVR or 2400 RVR for that matter.

This is still a pretty neat vid to watch though, and if a non pilot were to stumble upon it I'm sure they would think it is even cooler.

Way2Broke said:
Because RVR is measured from the ground not the Air.

So you can continue past DH based upon what rvr is, even if you cannot see any approach lights? I figured you needed fllight visibility to continue.

Looked pretty good. The approach lights showed up at 1:28 and the PAPI was two white-two red at 1:34, the pilot then dropped below the GS to land. I agree that he really aimed short for a long runway.

Latest resources

Back