Nice Radio calls....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ipilot

We were having a discussion today about things we say on the radio and how funny the things come out sometimes. i'm sure u all must have heard or said something funny. why don't u share with us. for start this is one i heard...

Waiting for take off in chicago someone said on the radio,
i'm f****** bored.
ground controler came and said, who was that?
silence for a minute and then the voice came,
i'm f****** bored but i'm not f****** stupid.:p

C'mon, you expect us to believe that urban legend radio exchange was you? Funny thing is, my dad told me that one about 15 years ago. I Think we've all had a few chucklers out there, though. My favorite in recent times was this: My squadron's cross-country call sign is "Ball xx". So I'm flying formation over Colorado and check my wingman in on frequency...

me: "Ball Check"
my wingman: "two"

The Controller asks if we are a flight of Two T-37's. My reply:
"That's affirmative....two Balls"

Hardly the first time anyone's had fun with those callsigns, but it always sounds funny.

it wasn't me off course, i just said that i heard that.. and thats one of the good one's even though its old as u said.

I heard a funny one a few years ago late at night on approach to Tulsa:

Approach: American *** fly heading 220

American: Was that two-twenty?

Approach: Two-twenty, two-twenty-one, whatever it takes.

See, it's funny if you've seen the movie "Mr. Mom," where Michael Keaton's character is doing some remodeling and trying to show off to his wife's boss. The boss says, "So, are you doing everything 220?" (meaning 220 volts, as opposed to 110). Keaton, not knowing what the heck he is doing, just wanting to look manly says, "two-twenty, two-twenty-one, whatever it takes."

Okay, it was funny at the time.

Hey Dorkprop, thats my phrase.....for some reason anytime someone asks me about a number I always pull the Mr. Mom routine.

Of course, no one gets my humor and I usually get strange looks.

:)

Flying over northern Minnesota one day the controller comes on to tell us that the Beaver MOA is hot and gave us a vector to get around it. I was in tears laughing when my FO responded "Roger, were heading xxx for the hot beaver." :D

About ten years ago, late one night (dead frequency), I heard a pilot sell a controller a car on Jax approach.

There is the one about a British Airways pilot and the smarta$$ ground controller in Frankfort, Germany. The BA pilot said he was unfamiliar. The ground controller in a snide tone said, "SpeedBird 14 haven't you ever been to Frankfort before?" To which the BA pilot responded, "Yea in 1943, but I didn't bother to stop."

I'm sure many of the guys who have been around a while know Rodger at Chicago Center. This one is for all the Lakers and Ex-Lakers.

Rodger: "...and as always, go E-Hawks"

He sent us an Xmas card every year too.

Me and one of my students were flying to Key West around 7 am one morning and it was really quiet on Miami Center frequency.
Then a captain came on and gave us the whole "Ladies and gentleman, this is you captain speaking.......". He went on and on and when he finally stopped the controller, and other pilots, thanked him for the lovely morning briefing. Pretty funny.

Latest resources

Back