Next years numbers at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nightstalker

Hearing the word from one of our reservists at work that SWA is planning on 400-450 openings in 2003. Sounded like great news to me.

Source?

Wouldn’t that be nice! Who is your “friend’s” source? Or is it a friend of a friend of a friend?

I have heard similar numbers, but I suppose that might include the nearly 400 currently sitting in the pool.... anybody know?

Anyone else care to comment on this one? Chase... R Beeks...???

While that number certainly would be great for poolies and potential interviewees, I'm wondering if it's just a bit too optimistic? Not that I am pessimistic... just pragmatic. I tend to keep a lot of "grains of salt" around these days.

Have a great evening everyone!!:)

RightBettor

Haven't heard

I've only heard 250+ for this year, 600+ for '04. I was at one of the res centers this week & they said bookings for 1q'03 are looking stronger. Things are definitely looking up. But still haven't heard any numbers like 400 for '03.

Yup

Last week I spoke with LL. I asked about number of new hires for '03. For what it's worth LL said she had heard a rumor of 200.

Of course that was last week, and she told me things are always subject to change.

I guess we'll only know when it happens, but in the meantime it is nice to speculate about good news vs what we've had these past 7 months.

Happy Holidays (they started early this year). :)

Talked to LL yesterday -
She confirmed only the Jan classes announced for sure this year, but each following class will probably be announced about a month out. She confirmed the 200-250 guesstimate for this year and said I am on the bubble ( I am #149 on our pool ) so that should help with everyone's best guess on their month to start. Remember 03 is fiscal which means 04 hiring will start in Oct not Jan!

Keep dawgpaddlin!
Les

I could be wrong but SWA's fiscal year begins in Jan not Oct like the military's. All companies set their fiscal years differently. However, since SWA just announced their 3rd quarter earnings, this would currently be fiscal 4th Qtr 02.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bake

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back