• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

next Island Air class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah. I think went crosseyed after the computer test and. If once wasn't fun enough, on the very last part the computer crashed and I got the pleasure of doing the whole thing over again. :eek: :eek: My brain was fried.:D
I'd like to know my score, but I guess good enough. Less than one week notice & been swimmin since like Jenga.

I did mine in ATL...

Myself and and a few others went something like the following...

written test... if you passed then...
Computer test... if you passed then...
Personal Interview... if you passed then...
drug test... if you passed then...
the pool for me about 1 week later.

those who did not do well enough were "polietly" told they were eliminated.... One left after the written, another after the computer test.

I don't know how they do it HNL, I have heard it is/was different. Also I did not do any sim but one guy had to do the sim and that was before the personal interview.

I will also add that when Debbie was still in HR it was different.. You were able to get some decent updates on the who's and when's of the next class.. Since she left it has been too quiet with little info.

There's a great resource from www.dashflash.com for those waiting in the pool. It's a CBT on the -100 systems with pics and a great screensaver of the airports served by Island. Developed by an IA pilot it's the best $20 I ever spent in Hawaii next to the Volcano lotion I bought for my wife. There are also 2 pilot groups on Yahoo!- IslandAirPilots and Hawaiiflyingjobs with some gouge and other helpful links.

Sleepyhead ... thanks for the update!

Jenga ... like you I received my "hired into the pool" letter about a week or so after my interview back in early '02. The new HR team is pleasant but I know Phyllis is missed. Guessing that the pool is about 40 or so I think a new poolie has about a 2.5% chance of an upcoming class date unless, as Dondk says, they have the Dash experience, inside recommendations or some current Aloha job. With those tickets punched chances are probably improved to 25%. Jenga, with your time in the pool your odds are even better.

Best of luck to all who recently interviewed and please post your experiences up on aviationinterviews like us "oldtimers" did. Need to keep the IA gouge current.

Mahalo!

"if you goto Aloha from Island Air, you do not have to take the test again"

This is a true statement. The Island Air guys do not have to take the computer test again.

Pull & Rotate said:
"if you goto Aloha from Island Air, you do not have to take the test again"

This is a true statement. The Island Air guys do not have to take the computer test again.

BULL$HIT, BULL$HIT, BULL$HIT!

Hey Hugh, you were just a special case :D

Latest resources

Back