• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

next Island Air class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance that those that intervewed a few weeks ago will help fill this class? How many in the pool? And most importantly, when do we find out the outcome of our intervews? It's been 2 weeks today.

Are the 4 additional Dash-8s still anticipated? I have to admit I was skeptical about what seemed to be an "ambitious" hiring plan and it appears that reality has set in.

I know that AQ has taken several WP capts in the last month and maybe a few more coming up but it would seem to me that another class or two would be all we could expect from Island until late summer.

Thanks for the news Sleepyhead.

Maybe this time.....yes, maybe..... this...time....I'LL GET SELECTED FOR A CLASS!;)

Pilotshan,
I dont have any inside info, as Im only a poolie. I can tell you this: there seems to be a 50/50 chance that you'll be in that class, or, you may wait a year and a half, or longer (like me and, I think a few others) for a class. There is definitely no order to the pool. Anything is possible.

Good luck to you. I hope you dont have to wait long to see your interview results.

The "previous" order in the pool use to be those with DHC-8 time. If you had it you were on the top of the list.

The next qualifer was local's or those with walked in LOR's...

I have the DHC time, deferred a class and been swiming ever since..

Been in the pool since May '02, first class offered was Aug '02.. Treading water ever since then.

For the poolies... I am close to upgrade at my company these days, so I will be vacating my spot in the very near future..

Good luck to all of those still swimming.

jenga-
How long did you have to wait before you got word as to whether or not you were officially a "poolie"?? From what I hear, if you do the drug test, you're pretty much in. Any truth to that?

drug test=your a poolie... congrats!!!

pilotshan,

Fortunately, I only waited about a week, from interview to notice. Yet, there were guys who interviewed after me that didn't hear for something like 2 months; I'm sure they were losing their minds.

Historically, if you made it to the 2nd phase of the interview and did the drug test, you were hired into the pool; not always, but usually.

I remember when I got the news about being "hired"; I was so excited I about sh!t a crowbar. Island Air is (was?) my #1 ideal situation, all aspects considered (minus the pay, of course). Now, 1.6 years later, I dont know what to think. Hopefully(without getting my hopes up anymore), I will be selected some time soon. Not trying to bog you down, just letting you know what the deal has been for some of us. Good luck. Let us know.

dondk,

congratulations on the future upgrade. Good luck, as well.

"drug test=your a poolie... "

Well almost correct. If they send you to the drug test that means you passed the interview, but you have to pass the computer test to be in. There are people who did not make it in the pool because of the computer test. The way I understand it, you get a score on that test. You have to be higher than a certain magic number. If your score is lower than the magic number you will not be put in the pool. FYI: Aloha uses the same test. (if you goto Aloha from Island Air, you do not have to take the test again)

Also from what I heard , the plan to get 5 more Dash-8-100s is still on. They just pushed things back a bit because the officail sale date is March 1. Probaby also had some thing to do with Aloha saying they would not pay for the additional training.

If you want to really find out what is going on just watch the reservation system. When you see them offering flights on IA from the Big Island, then you will know what is going on.

Latest resources

Back