Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEWSFLASH: Log just 30 HRS airplane time and anyone can fly an airliner!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
30 hours and they can fly an airliner? Not on my plane. No unrestriced commercial multi engine rating no touchie the controls, even the gear. I hope ALPA stands up against this

Did you read the end of the article? ALPA admits this could work if done correctly..... ALPA is a joke! This shouldn't see the light of day.... the current requirements are too low.....

ALPA thinks this could be done if it is done properly.... what do you ALPA cheerleaders think about that?

Did you read the end of the article? ALPA admits this could work if done correctly..... ALPA is a joke! This shouldn't see the light of day.... the current requirements are too low.....

ALPA thinks this could be done if it is done properly.... what do you ALPA cheerleaders think about that?

Joe, you moron, why don't you actually call Captain Rice and ask him what ALPA's position on this is? Paul has been working on this issue for well over a year, and I can assure you that ALPA isn't happy with the program. Before you get all worked up, actually make a phone call and get the real info.

If user fees become a reality in the US, so will the MPL. User fees lead to more costly flight training. Higher cost flight training leads to more professional pilots with less experience. Why practice crosswind landings when they cost $10 a pop? The idea is to get bodies into seats as quickly (and cheaply) as possible and use the more experienced CA as a teacher and mentor.

Bottom Line - User fees will hurt not just GA but also the airlines. Write your congressperson!​

Mins for airline FO in transport category aircraft should be an Airline Transport Pilot certificate. This 30 hour thing is worthy of an SOS.

If this somehow does come to fruition, watch your backs wonder punks, you WILL get written up, early and often.

All I can say to that is OMG! The training department has a hard eneugh time getting guys with 600 hours of flight time qualified in the jet. Now they want to teach everything from visuals to radio calls in a simulator?

"The holder of an MPL will not be able to exercise the
privileges of a private pilot unless he or she separately completes the licensing requirements for the private pilot certificate."

Even the creator of this crap doesn't think the applicant will be qualified eneugh to fly a 152. How the hell are they supposed to fly 121?

I gave my 1000 hours of dual as a CFI if I have to give instruction for the rest of my life... I'll just quit now. Not to mention if you think your pay is low now, wait till an airline can replace you with any guy off the street. I wonder what the general public thinks of this idea? I get eneugh crap for being to young to fly a plane after 8 years of exp. I can't imagine the public going for this idea.

I got a better idea than this one. Lets just take some high school graduate who bought a ticket on the flight and give him half his money back if he will work the leg. They can work it just like they do when they try to buy back overbooked flights.​

You can emotionally respond to this or you can get educated to understand... the choice is yours... ALPA has been monitoring this and has made information on it available to all its members... If you are just now getting informed.... great.... but you're about a year behind.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back