Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEWSFLASH: Log just 30 HRS airplane time and anyone can fly an airliner!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course they will upgrade, and probably as soon as possible, scary!

-Goo

Well, I'm not sure I see how this can be. They don't have any type of "real" pilot certificate. ie: They can't act as PIC of anything, much less a 121 transport aircraft. To do this, you obviously need an ATP, and there are requirements in there they won't be able to meet (ie: PIC time).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I use those loosely, welcome aboard Atlanta Air. Your copilot today has never flown a real airplane, so she'll be getting some practice with me watching. Hope you enjoy the $29.00 ride. You'll get your money's worth I promise.

As a matter of fact, the mechanic who MEL'd the thrust reverser is a rookie and probably did it wrong. Our dispatcher just graduated from a school in sunny Florida, and has planned for us to takeoff and land on closed runways. Plus, our tug driver can't speak English, but no matter, our headsets don't work anyway. Finally, catering never showed up so there is no ice. I'm on my sixth day having been extended, I just want to get home, but scheduling has been outsourced to Mexico. They didn't have work there so this will take some getting used to.

Good news is Delta has a new CEO, his bonus is 200 million dollars, so the airplane isn't exactly clean today. Volunteer night was canceled due to the big announcement.

Thanks for flying U KNOW WHOOO.

Last edited:
Did I forget the co told me she is a gymnast? I think I'll be gettin nekid tontie weeeeeee!!!!

We can bitch all we want, including ALPA, and it won't ammount to a fart in the wind. The only thing that matters in the indstry is the Benjamins. And the only hope we have at stopping this nightmare is for the insurance underwriters, who will have to shell out 2 Mil/coffin when one of thses guys screws up, to say "HELL NO!" Let's hope they have the sence to inject some sanity in this scenario.

The way I read it is it's an ICAO program. That doesn't apply unless the FAA decides to adopt it. The FAA would have to go through the whole NPRM thing and create a whole new set of FAR's for this program. That would take a few years.
ICAO often creates programs like this which are utilized by smaller countries that don't have their own seperate aviation governing body.

And as far as the user fee thing goes; it might be a good thing for us. If it's significantly more expensive to learn to fly, then there will be fewer new commercial pilots out there to take the low paying jobs and we will be able to demand higher salaries.

The FAA's "Pinch Hitter" program hits the big leagues!

This is already being implemeneted in Austrailia. It will be fine tuned and made applicalble to the US.

All of this is being done on the political level.... The last thing management wants to do is raise the wages and work rules...so they come up with schemes like this....

You can whine on this message boards about how you think it should be and declare that MPL's "just ain't right and they are all that is wrong in this world" or you can get involved...

Some one said it is all about the Benjamins... well the real question is..how many Bennies do you give to support your profession....

I feel sorry for the Colgan pilots and Skywest pilots... they will get this crammed into thier world all while the duct tape is secure about thier faces...

This is already being implemeneted in Austrailia. It will be fine tuned and made applicalble to the US.

All of this is being done on the political level.... The last thing management wants to do is raise the wages and work rules...so they come up with schemes like this....

You can whine on this message boards about how you think it should be and declare that MPL's "just ain't right and they are all that is wrong in this world" or you can get involved...

Some one said it is all about the Benjamins... well the real question is..how many Bennies do you give to support your profession....

I feel sorry for the Colgan pilots and Skywest pilots... they will get this crammed into thier world all while the duct tape is secure about thier faces...

your absolutely right the last thing management wants to do is raise pay. The thing your missing is that management isnt afraid of ALPA, they have been spanking the unions for six years with no signs of change. The thing that scares them is not being able to attract new pilots.

Pay and work rules will improve but not because of ALPA or any other union but from lack of new people willing to do this job as a profession. You slam colgan and skywest but at least they get to keep there 2 percent.

I feel sorry for the Colgan pilots and Skywest pilots... they will get this crammed into thier world all while the duct tape is secure about thier faces...[/quote]

Yeah.... they won't stand up like those strong union regionals..... Just watch Mesa, PCL, ASA, CHQ, etc.... Get real, it will get crammed down everyones throat, just some of us will pay 2% for the privledge of having it shoved down our throat....

ALPA didn't even come out against it.......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back