Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds Fantastic guys! Keep it going.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude, I can feel your blood pressure rising post by post. Maybe you should (gasp!) turn off the computer until December 8th. This can't be good for you.

Also looking forward to this being finished.

Well, I disagree, of course, regarding the the staple of 400 NWA guys to the bottom of the list, but that was not the main point of my post. My main point is that DALPA's party-line, inflexible strategy and lack of humility will not serve them well in this arbitration. There are plenty of pieces of your proposal that are clearly problematic for the NWA guys, and DAL refuses to admit to any of them or address them in their proposal or follow-up testimony. NWA presented DOH and admitted that it might be problematic. They then addressed the problem with Fences that are designed to protect the DAL guys from the effects of DOH. DAL's fences are nearly worthless to the NWA guys. First of all, they start at DCC instead of SOC. Since SOC is 12-18 months away, and there is no cross bidding til SOC, there is 12-18 months on nothing from your fences. Your three year fences effectively turn into 1.5-2 year fences that expire at the peak of NWA's retirement season, effectively insuring that nwa A-330 jobs will quickly transfer to former DAL guys. The five year fences are slightly better, but the net effect will be the same.

Now, I get to go single seat single engine flying today, so I'm leaving this argument for now. Good luck with the blood pressure.

Well, I disagree, of course, regarding the the staple of 400 NWA guys to the bottom of the list, but that was not the main point of my post. My main point is that DALPA's party-line, inflexible strategy and lack of humility will not serve them well in this arbitration. There are plenty of pieces of your proposal that are clearly problematic for the NWA guys, and DAL refuses to admit to any of them or address them in their proposal or follow-up testimony. NWA presented DOH and admitted that it might be problematic. They then addressed the problem with Fences that are designed to protect the DAL guys from the effects of DOH. DAL's fences are nearly worthless to the NWA guys. First of all, they start at DCC instead of SOC. Since SOC is 12-18 months away, and there is no cross bidding til SOC, there is 12-18 months on nothing from your fences. Your three year fences effectively turn into 1.5-2 year fences that expire at the peak of NWA's retirement season, effectively insuring that nwa A-330 jobs will quickly transfer to former DAL guys. The five year fences are slightly better, but the net effect will be the same.

Now, I get to go single seat single engine flying today, so I'm leaving this argument for now. Good luck with the blood pressure.

You have to remember that a lot of DL people don't want to fly most of your planes, especially the DC9s. And I don't see many wanting to move to MSP or DTW, and I hear 70% of your pilots commute from DTW. As far as fences go, I would think most NWA people want off the small equipment that is prevalent at NWA (fewer widebodies meaning less pay). Look at the pent up seniority for the greenbooks forexample. How many of those super senior guys have not bid up to widebody because there were lack of displacement bids, lack of retirements? They all can't wait to "get what their seniority can hold." The Roberts Award was NOT OUR FAULT. We should have more fences on our equipment, since your list is lopsided with smaller planes that pay less. If we had an equal number of planes the same size, then that would be great. Our 757s pay as much as our 767s, and we have a ton of them. You have a lot of DC9s (and you say you are keeping more....), and they pay the least. Over half of our planes pay "premium"---and about 1/3 of yours do. Can you see my point yet?

You say Dalpa is inflexible. So, we should give in to your demands? Let's look at what each is bringing to the table, and how you just got a nice raise, got better rules, and most of you have a frozen pension. We have more widebodies, more bases, and more growth coming up here with orders that will come to fruition. I think we derserve more, and you guys should be a bit more thankful. Your life has gotten a lot better even before the SLI award.

Go have fun flying that single seat fighter, and my blood pressure is fine. Reading the actual testimony from the hearings makes me feel better.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Dude, I can feel your blood pressure rising post by post. Maybe you should (gasp!) turn off the computer until December 8th. This can't be good for you.

Feeling just fine. :)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

It's pretty hilarious isn't it? Imagine what his posting content/frequency will be on 12/7! Hope the FI servers don't crash.

my blood pressure is fine. Reading the actual testimony from the hearings makes me feel better.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really? Judging by the amount of times you post, it looks like you are trying to convince others in an attempt to convince yourself.

Riddle me this: When the arbitrators tell each group that they are not going to get their initial position, and only one group presents alternate ideas while the other group sticks its feet in the sand, which one seems more likely to get a positive result?

Really? Judging by the amount of times you post, it looks like you are trying to convince others in an attempt to convince yourself.

Riddle me this: When the arbitrators tell each group that they are not going to get their initial position, and only one group presents alternate ideas while the other group sticks its feet in the sand, which one seems more likely to get a positive result?

There is just a lot of info to post, I have run out of time. Great testimony. You really need to read the testimony to answer your riddle.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back