• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News Flash For Those SkedPlus Lovers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should I be suspicious? Are you a SAPA rep?

no.
no.

I want what is best for us, just like everyone else. where we differ is what 'best' is and how to attain that. I'm not a fan of ALPA, and somehow that has earned me the ire of many. so be it. I want to simply be able to compare my pay, QOL, and our companies present and future prospects with our competitors and be able to say that we are doing better and will remain doing so. how will ALPA help us do that? why do you think our management doesn't want them here, except for that it will cost them money, resources, and time, which could potentially cost them business? you don't buy the line that it's purely a pride issue, do you?

Lots of negativity. For those of us that used to work at union carriers...we know exactly what ALPA will do for you.

And we know what Sapa has done the last six years for us...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=103812

Not much to lose when you see Sapa's track record of giving away work rules like candy the past six years, management being the benefactors. Pilots wanting to try something different, that can empower this pilot group should come as no surprise . With Sapa, its been a downward spiral. The only reason Skywest is anywhere near other regionals (middle of the pack) right now is because managment used to operate differently and were committed to looking at what other carriers had, putting skywest at the top of those other companies after they had negotiated it into their contracts. This attitude abruptly changed six years ago and skywest pilots have and currently are losing ground while other pilot groups are actively improving their position or at the very least, holding their ground. For those of you happy with sliding backward on your behinds then vote accordingly. For those of you who want the ability to stop the slide and start negotiating on an equal playing feild (something you haven't been able to do with Sapa for a very long time) vote before the polls close on Nov 6. If this vote fails I suspect it will be a very long time before there is another chance to improve your negotiating position. Choose wisely.

Last edited:
Good post 120. It's nice to see someone back up their argument with actual documentation. I wonder why the Anti-ALPA guys/gals don't do the same? I guess that says something about their argument.

To the fence sitters/new guys,

Might be a good idea to listen to this guy (120). What he is showing you here is legitimate.

A lot of this stuff was lost when SAPA conveniently reconfigured (erased) the SAPAforums. Looks like 120 was 1 step ahead of them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back