Newest Boyd prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Please re-read the article. He states it is Southwest plain as day.

My bad, I was to lazy to read the whole thing. Continue on the fight...:laugh:

FlyAuburn said:
My bad, I was to lazy to read the whole thing. Continue on the fight...:laugh:

Dont make us Auburn grads look bad!! We need to show folks that was have good reading comprehension skills!! :beer:

Dangerkitty said:
Dont make us Auburn grads look bad!! We need to show folks that was have good reading comprehension skills!! :beer:

LOL. You're right. Only excuse I got is that I haven't had my coffee this morning.
War Eagle!

:beer:

There's A New Low-Fare Airline In The Works

It's coming in the next 18 months...

...this carrier's going to be big - a fleet of several hundred airliners, eventually comprised of units from 100 to 140 seats.

...It won't follow the nonsense espoused by empty-suit academics who claim just one airplane type is best - it'll have a fleet that's structured to flexibly access maximum revenue...

...Probably it will end up with at least three airliner types between 100 and roughly 150 seats.

...No RJs - the airline knows better...No widebodies, either.

...Southwest is most of the way there. They effectively have two airliner types now - 737-300/500s and 737-700s.

...Another type of aircraft isn't out of the question...If a 100-seater, or even a mainline-cabin 70-seater can contribute...

For those of you unwilling to sit thru the Boyd over the top pats on the back.

All the above is wrong or contradicts his other statements.

No RJ... but a 70 seater isn't "out of the question"....????

Southest already has more than one aircraft type....No!

3 Airliner types for best success??? NO, NO, NO. He probably means one type but in different sizes. Like CAL or SWA. That IS sensible.

In the end, Boyd is predicting two alternate futures.

One is a very successful SWA.

The other is a very successful airline with tons of 70-140 seaters. Sounds like the emergence of a super regional or super regional division of a legacy to me. Or any other carrier (JetBlue?) that buys the EMB in numbers will be the Boyd "pick". Shouldn't JetBlue be the Boyd pick for success??? Maybe Boyd thinks JetBlue's A320 is too big for the "LCC domestic model" he thinks will prosper.

Either way Boyd will claim to be spot on. The only "empty suit academic" quoted in this article is Boyd.

Most importantly I think Boyd's prediction that SWA will get a smaller plane before a larger plane than is currently flown is utterly preposterous.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back