New US Airways Livery photo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
much better than the old paint job.

Also look for 4 retro liveries. The old Allegheny Red & Blue scheme, The classic blue Piedmont scheme, The Orange PSA scheme complete with smile on the nose, and the current America West scheme. They looked great in the artists rendering this morning at the fesitivities in PIT.

There is also a logo by the door that has a US in the middle with the piedmont, allegheny, AW and PSA logos around it.

It is a boring paint scheme. Too conservitive.

So the answer to combating fuel prices and saving money to keep the new merged airline finacially healthy is to repaint the airplane fleet...

wmuflyguy said:
So the answer to combating fuel prices and saving money to keep the new merged airline finacially healthy is to repaint the airplane fleet...

Hasn't this been covered before? It really doesn't cost extra as they will wait until the planes are really required to be painted. Although a lot of the usair birds are probably beyond that right now. I have seen some rough 737's.

Also I am sure they are trying for a new image with the merged airline. Can you blame them?

Remember how long it took Delta to get it's current scheme on all it's airplanes. Are they even done yet?! The had all three going at one point. And last time USair changed (to the current blue), it took forever to get the whole fleet painted.

I wonder if the Dash-8's will get this new scheme. They are in desperate need of paint.

I like it. Too much blue on the old USAirways birds. They tried to copy UA too much.

I'll miss the old HP livery though.

Much better than the old one, but they could have and should have done much better...will be interesting to see the first E145 and E170 in these colors....

JvW

JvW said:
...will be interesting to see the first E145 and E170 in these colors....

JvW

noooo that won't be interesting. However, what WILL be interesting is all of Air Wisconsin's CRJ fleet (except for the initial 3) that are to be painted in this scheme. :)

Latest resources

Back