New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PLC here is your math:

100% of the AT pilot group is making more than when they were bought.

Every FO that crossed over to the Southwest side got a 40% to 50% pay raise the second they crossed on top of the pay raises that they got after the purchase. That is over half of your seniority list that got massive pay raises.

Every Captain that came over may or may not be making close to what they were making the last year but they are still making more than what they were before the acquisition.

The fact that 70% of the captains that came over can now hold captain here giving them an additional 35% pay raise over what they were making as a captain at AT.

With almost 90 percent of your workgroup making anywhere from 35% to 50% more here as SW than they were making at AT it is kind of hard to listen to you whine about "MATH" as the only thing that the SW pilots got was a lot more people who were a lot younger coming in above them and not a single stock option or pay raise to ease the pain.

Anyways the only math you need now is what the max tongue weight is for a double wide.

When the top pay rate at AirTran was 152/hr for a CA, and 79/hr for an FO you understand the point Blueside is making. It's not hard to go up 30-50% (hell 80-90% for the junior) when you're starting that low.

Hey, that Double Wide won't sell itself Blue.

And 100% of the Southwest pilot group is making more than they were making in 2000. Just as worthless a statistic as yours.

I'm sorry that you have such an entitlement mindset that you believed you were entitled to anything more than a fair integration. Where did you get such a poor and misplaced attitude? Poor parenting, perhaps?

I suspect that thought comes from idea that in an SLI, "neither side should receive a windfall when the other side doesn't." I'm pretty sure that even ALPA's playbook on mergers included words to that effect. And if the merger had gone the way you thought (strictly relative seniority, with all AirTran Captains receiving a SWA captain seat), then that "no windfall" idea would have been completely obliterated. One side would have received a huge windfall (massive pay increases, better job security, better and stronger contract), while the other side would have received exactly nothing (other than generally-younger guys on the list ahead of them).

You keep forgetting about that whole "windfall for one side" part. I wonder why.

Bubba

I suspect that thought comes from idea that in an SLI, "neither side should receive a windfall when the other side doesn't." I'm pretty sure that even ALPA's playbook on mergers included words to that effect. And if the merger had gone the way you thought (strictly relative seniority, with all AirTran Captains receiving a SWA captain seat), then that "no windfall" idea would have been completely obliterated. One side would have received a huge windfall (massive pay increases, better job security, better and stronger contract), while the other side would have received exactly nothing (other than generally-younger guys on the list ahead of them).

You keep forgetting about that whole "windfall for one side" part. I wonder why.

Bubba

Sorry, but that's not what the windfall standard says. It's actually not ALPA Merger Policy, but a standard set by an arbitration decades ago.

Here is what it actually says: "Neither party shall receive a windfall at the expense of the other.

AirTran pilots receiving a pay raise is not at your expense. Your pay would have remained the same, as would your relative seniority.

Sorry, but that's not what the windfall standard says. It's actually not ALPA Merger Policy, but a standard set by an arbitration decades ago.

Here is what it actually says: "Neither party shall receive a windfall at the expense of the other.

AirTran pilots receiving a pay raise is not at your expense. Your pay would have remained the same, as would your relative seniority.

Well, I'm glad to see that you recognize that it would be a huge windfall to the AirTran side, while the SWA side got apparently nothing. And I would argue that it IS at the expense of the Southwest side, in that you're getting much higher pay rates and contract strengths that was negotiated with the Southwest side's negotiating capital. Your own negotiating strength earned you you none of that. And the Southwest side would be harmed if it went relative like you wanted. The SWA side as a whole would have many, many pilots younger than them placed ahead of them on the seniority list, resulting in much lower career expectations. They'd never reach the seniority that they would have absent the acquisition. Moreover, they're harmed over the entire rest of their career, seniority-wise, while the AirTran side received a windfall.

That's why "fair" has to take into account much more then th one-size-fits-all mentality, that you're only advocating because it benefits you.

Bubba

I'm advocating what arbitrators have determined is fair. I'm sorry that it doesn't comport with your warped views that are always Southwest centric.

No thanks. I don't care for the airline's product. No need for you to take that personally. You just work there.

PHX CA got 367 last month. Nothing like a 69k month.

I'm looking at 210+ for this month. It's really not that hard if you don't mind working a little more during the summer months. It's a nice bonus.

(reference highlighted)

Yes there is..A LIFE! Also,not basing your self-worth on your net-worth!

Latest resources

Back