• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA interview format

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks! I hope I can help make SWA a safe airline. I swear, if there's so much as a light bulb burnt out, then there's no way I'll be flying on that jet. Might not be a big deal in a domocile, but out on the road, good luck finding a new copilot. It will force them to make safety the top priority.

Tanker, you'll be almost single handedly saving SWA from the FAA! (light bulbs were next on the top secret inspectors list) :D

Good luck to you dude and when you are done with your connections I need to borrow them because I'm ready for a second chance!!!

I don't think my connections would be willing to help you if they didn't know you. These guys have the ears of a few of the Chief Pilots.

I don't think I can single-handedly change SWA, but hopefully I'll be a fresh face in the organization. They need new safety minded blood to say "NO" to flying in potentially unsafe situations.

Dear SWA 'Board',

Watch for a guy with these ratings (T-37, T-1, KC-135R/T, KC-10) with less than 2,000 hrs (pretty low time) who will "pretend" to have a servant's heart and who is naive enough to say SWA needs a fresh face (5700 pilots there now) to make them "safe".

I have seen guys like you who, during new hire class, think they are somehow different and are going to be the ones who are going to kick some Captain's ass on every other flight because of some 'safety' issue...then they find out things are quite safe. You make some sort of macho call on safety,you better make sure you are right because you'll be shown the door real quick otherwise. SWA has an airline to run.

Your arrogance will come out in the interview and I predict you will not get hired.

I predict that Mach 80's testicles will finally drop revealing that he has a pair, and he finally puts his foot down on a safety issue.

I also predict that I will be collecting a SWA paycheck.

BTW, I think I'll introduce myself as "Tanker Clown" at my interview just to spite you fools.

I don't think my connections would be willing to help you if they didn't know you. These guys have the ears of a few of the Chief Pilots.

I was kidding about the connections , as I have a few of my own..... Good Luck!

No, he got it the old fashioned way (the same way I did) - by having an airline send him to training when his Captain bid came in. Not everyone pays for their 737 type.

Yeah, I love how everyone thinks that if you have a 737 type rating you:

1) paid for it yourself

and

2) want to work for SWA.

For those keeping score at home:

1) ATA paid for my 737 type rating

and

2) I don't want to work for SWA.

Latest resources

Back