Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA chief of training, a good thing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You won't leave the gate without your numbers. It's called aerodata. Fully automated. Takes 20 secs. No waiting.

*you can leave the gate and still get your numbers, just to clarify. Those situations are few and far in between. Normally gate to antennae issue. Ramp throws 5 extra bags on? No problem. Add them in and resend. Once you see it, you will appreciate it. Like using a printer for things like atis or the pax count.

Keep in mind, this works well because we usually have a pax and bag count 10 mins prior to push and f/a pax count to verify numbers about 5 prior to push. This works because we're provided all the info in the cockpit and not waiting on load planners in BFE.

If WN decides to change this, it could effect timeliness. In the last year, my f/o's have only done 2 manual wt. and balances. Both due to system wide outages.

BTW, open seating may provide a challenge as aero data is very precise in cg loading and we use 3 zones. I'm sure a work around has already been figured out, it'll be interesting to see what that is.

Like any project, you fix one thing and it opens up a bunch of others that either need to be fixed too or have to be changed in order to make everything work. That's why I hate remodeling. It never ends.

I'm all for some new outside blood infused into our way too insular training center. Everything I have heard about GC from those who knew him in a previous life has been overwhelmingly positive. Like Canyon, I just hope the Old Guard will let him make the changes that we need.

We have had plenty of fresh voices and ideas in the training center. The old heads don't listen to them.

We have had plenty of fresh voices and ideas in the training center. The old heads don't listen to them.

Hopefully this signals the beginning of change for the better. There's a lot of things AT does well, procedurally speaking, the SWA powers that be could possibly adopt. Any procedure or policy change that makes life easier for pilots is a win for all of us.

I have to agree with Canyonblue.

I'm glad to see progression toward the Ipad. W&B via ACARS will be a step backward. If we go that route, then you can expect to pull into the hammerhead and wait for your numbers. You'll be running one engine, but waiting long enough that it will burn down to the two engine (taxi-out) level in the end. So where's the savings?

Have you ever seen a FL flight pull into the hammerhead to wait for numbers?

So he's not like the AT C/A who gave a guy a hard time on a PC because the guy had earlier critiqued the C/A's girlfriend's flying abilities?

Latest resources

Back